Intel RST/RSTe Drivers (latest: v20.1.0.1015/ v9.0.0.1836)

Yes, but you have to import the Win-RAID CA Certificate according my guide before you can install the mod+signed driver.

Ok I get that. That is probably why i get the : “A problem was encountered while attempting to add the driver to the store” message when installing.
I off course use the “have disk” method.
I looked first in the thread and probably i overlooked it, but where can i find "but you have to import the Win-RAID CA Certificate "?

>Here<.

Update of the start post

Changelog:

• new: 32/64bit Intel RSTe drivers v4.5.0.1234 WHQL for Win7 dated 11/20/2015
  • new: 32/64bit Intel RSTe drivers v4.5.0.1234 WHQL for Win8-10 dated 11/20/2015
  • new: Complete Intel RSTe Drivers & Software Set v4.5.0.2072 dated 01/08/2016

Notes:
  1. The above mentioned AHCI and RAID drivers are WHQL certified by Microsoft and usable with all Windows Operating Systems from Win7 up.
  2. Only Intel C600/C600+ and C220 Series Chipsets like X79 and X99 are natively fully supported by these drivers.
  3. Here are the supported DeviceIDs:
    AHCI mode: DEV_1D02, DEV_8C02, DEV_8D02, DEV_8D62, DEV_1F22 and DEV_A102
    RAID mode: DEV_2826 and DEV_2827.
  4. Thanks to Station-Drivers for having published the source package.

Good luck with these new Intel RSTe AHCI/RAID drivers!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hi Fernando!

Thanks for helping me out with the sata ahci drivers for the x48/ ich9r chipset.
To be honest I changed it back and forth and still I’m stuck at very low read speeds and write speeds (with big single files maximum of 38-40 MB/Sec, otherwise much much lower like 19-20 MB/Sec) on my samsung 850 pro SSD and my Intel SSD’s.
Ahci enabled in bios of course. On sata300 ports Ok, but in Ahci native mode should it still be better then this.
I cannot figure it out after spending hours on testing and reading.

Same low speeds with usb 3.0 drivers. (i posted details in the usb 3.0 thread).

I’ve got a feeling my whole system is bottlenecked.

Without the knowlege of
a) your special system configuration (mainboard model/disk drives/CPU/Graphics card),
b) the OS you are running and
c) the currently used AHCI driver
I am not able to give you an advices.

@Fernando
in Reply to #1163
I use this version for this device without any AHCI problem:

sSATA_AHCI_Controller_page00.PNG

sSATA_AHCI_Controller_page0.PNG

So, Fernando, you should add in the Notes: (AHCI mode) this other supported deviceID DEV_8D62.

Without the knowlege of
a) your special system configuration (mainboard model/disk drives/CPU/Graphics card),
b) the OS you are running and
c) the currently used AHCI driver
I am not able to give you an advices.

Of course, i forgot:

I have the low writes on both modded drivers you suggested as with the ‘Standard AHCI driver’ from Microsoft.|addpics|63y-1-eea7.png-invaddpicsinvv,63y-2-39d6.png-invaddpicsinvv,63y-3-90c4.png-invaddpicsinvv|/addpics|

I posted what you asked Fernando. (see above). Curious if you have any suggestions. BTW: i ve got virtually the same write speeds with your modded driver as well as with the “standard AHCI Sata driver from Microsof’t” in Windows 10

Where should I add it?
None of the normal Intel RSTe SATA drivers named iaStor.sys or iaStorA.sys do support the DEV_8D62 Intel sSATA AHCI Controller.

@sparkion :
Thanks for having answered my questions, but I have no idea how I can help you.

you have no clue or advice on why my speeds seem to be capped?

Maybe I can ask you this question and you probably dó have past experience on this, since you have tested your drivers so:
In your experience what kind of write speeds do you experience with big single files ( 1+ GB movie file) continues/sequential write. (I’ve got 40-50 MB/sec Write speed on a sata II/300 ICH9R controller, samsung 850 pro ssd: 50% free space).

So in short: What is your experience on AVARAGE sequential write speeds on sata 300 (ahci) on an first grade SSD with your drivers.

No.

Since I never had an Intel ICH9R system with an SSD running in SATA2 (3GB) AHCI mode, I cannot answer your question.

@Fernando ,

I suggest this modification (in bold):

Done!
Thanks for the tip and for having clarified what you meant.

@ all:

Update of the start post

Changelog:

• new: 32/64bit Intel RST(e) drivers v14.8.4.1046 WHQL dated 01/19/2016

Notes:
  1. The included AHCI/RAID drivers are WHQL certified by Microsoft and usable with all Windows Operating Systems from Win7 up.
  2. Only Intel 8-, 9-, X99 and 100-Series Chipsets are natively fully supported by these drivers.
  3. Thanks to Station-Drivers for having published the source package.

Meanwhile I have installed this brandnew RST(e) driver v14.8.4.1046 onto my Z97 AHCI system, but I doubt, that it will be better for 8- and 9-Series Chipsets than the v13 series.

Intel RST driver 14.8.4.1046.png

Good luck with these Intel AHCI and RAID drivers!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

thanks for the useful link and please keep us all informed if you’ll do some benchmarking!

You can find >here< the results I got with my Z97 AHCI system.

@ all:

Update of the start post

Changelog:

• new: 64bit Intel RST(e) AHCI driver v14.8.5.1047 WHQL dated 02/17/2016

Notes:
  1. The included AHCI driver is WHQL certified by Microsoft and usable with all Windows Operating Systems from Win7 up.
  2. Only Intel 8-, 9-, X99 and 100-Series Chipsets running in AHCI mode are natively fully supported by this driver.
  3. Thanks to Station-Drivers for having published the source package.
  4. Unfortunately neither the 32bit variant of the AHCI driver nor the related RAID drivers are available until now.

Meanwhile I have installed this brandnew RST(e) driver v14.8.5.1047 onto my Z97 AHCI system. The first benchmark results seem to be very promising (look >here<.

Good luck with this Intel AHCI driver!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

14.10.0.1016 WHQL is out.

@ all:

Update of the start post

Changelog:
- new: 32/64bit Intel RST(e) drivers v14.10.0.1016 WHQL dated 02/03/2016
- new: Intel RST(e) Drivers & Software Set v14.10.0.1016 WHQL dated 02/12/2016

Notes:

• These new AHCI/RAID drivers are WHQL certified by Microsoft and usable with all Windows Operating Systems from Win7 up.
  • Only Intel 8-, 9-, X99 and 100-Series Chipsets are natively fully supported by these drivers.
  • Thanks to Station-Drivers for having published the source package.

Good luck with these new Intel AHCI and RAID drivers!
Dieter (alias Fernando)