Intel RST/RSTe Drivers (latest: v20.1.0.1015/ v9.0.0.1836)

Probably you are right. It just happened to be there after I had finished the upgrade to the new Windows version. The shutdown behaviour immediately gave away what happened at the next shutdown

I will check the other thread and see, if there can be done something. I already saw that there is a newer ME driver. Do you think the most current driver from the 5.x branch will not show the shutdown issue with the new ME driver or firmware? Or is it just the bluescreens with the older versions that should go away?

Sorry, if I start to reference ME in this thread too much.

You will know it after having done the Intel ME related actions.

I’ve downloaded v14.8.16.1063 just drivers (no software) for my X99/Windows 7 x64/AHCI only system.

After unpacking I can see two *.inf files:
- iaAHCIC.inf - installs RST AHCI Controller Miniport
- iaStorAC.inf - installs RST AHCI RAID Controller Miniport + RST Filter Driver

Should I “use” both or just one of them?
I think the second one (iaStorAC.inf) is only for systems using RAID mode so I do not need it, am I right?

Yes, all Intel RST(e)/RSTe drivers do support Intel SATA AHCI and Intel SATA RAID Controllers, but the installation procedure is different. If the SATA mode of the on-board Intel SATA Controller has been set to “AHCI”, it is the file named iaAHCIC.inf, which manages the driver installation. The file named iaStorAC.inf will only be used, when the Intel SATA Controller is running in “RAID” mode.

Hi Fernando, maybe I missed something or why you have removed the original and modded Intel driver v13.6.3.1001 completle?
I’v searched back the Forum but couldn’t find the answer, to many posts in this 2 threads…sorry

@wasisdn :
The original and modded Intel RST(e) drivers v13.6.3.1001 have been removed by me from the start post and from my MEGA and OneDrive account, because
a) there is not enough place for all Intel RST/RST(e) drivers within the start post and
b) there are newer and - according to my benchmark comparison tests - better drivers available, which belong to the v13 platform.
If there should be a demand for these special Intel RST(e) drivers, I will re-upload and link them somewhere.

Thanks for your quick reply.
I guess v 13.2.8.1002 is the latest and better driver from v13 platforms, so I can remove this also from my own backups.
I’m just confused about the size different from 13.6.3 to the other v13 drivers…

@wasisdn :
Thanks for your reply.
By the way: The latest and most interesting Intel RST driver from the v13 platform is the Win10 v1709 in-box RAID driver v13.44.0.1026 dated 02/22/2017.
According to my recent benchmark tests this new driver is very promising regarding its performance. That is why I have composed on the basis of this driver brandnew mod+signed “Universal 32/64bit Intel RST AHCI & RAID drivers v13.44.0.1026”. You can find them since a few minutes >here<.

Update of the start post
Changelog:

• new: 32/64bit Intel RST(e) drivers v15.9.0.1015 for Win7-10 dated 10/12/2017
  • new: Intel RST(e) Drivers & Software Set v15.9.0.1015 dated 10/23/2017

Notes:
  1. The above mentioned drivers are digitally signed by Intel (no WHQL stamp yet) and usable with all Windows Operating Systems from Win7 up. Only Intel 100-Series/C230 Chipsets, 200-Series Chipsets, X299 Chipsets and other Systems with an Intel Skylake or KabyLake CPU are natively supported by these drivers.
  2. Thanks to Fdrsoft resp.Station-Drivers for the source package.

Good luck with these new drivers!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

I would like to ask a question to Fernando, I have a 6 series chip would this driver 14.8.16.1063 work well with my samsung 850 evo 500gb non raid

This confuses me a bit as I have a 6 series 5820k.
(Only Intel Chipsets from 8-Series up (incl. X99) are supported by these new drivers)

8 series and up so does that mean that this driver would not be beneficial to my system? What driver would you recommend I should download for my system, and also could you please explain why would you recommend such driver for my system? I need to get a grasp of this so I apologize for my ignorance.

Wondering if, in future, you might make these a link directly to the entries on the 1st page? (Can you do that?)

@Fernando - I loaded iaAHCIC.inf from 64bit Intel RSTe AHCI & RAID drivers v15.9.0.1015, but when I tried to run SetupRST.exe from Intel RSTe Drivers & Software Set v15.9.0.1015 it told me the platform was not supported.

@jujubeans :
When I write, that a specific driver only supports Intel chipsets from 8-Series up, it definitively means, that older Intel chipsets like your 6-Series one will not be supported by this driver.
Please have a look into the start post of >this< thread. Near the bottom of the start post is table, where you can find recommended and suitable AHCI drivers for your Intel 6-Series Chipset system.

I do not really understand what you mean. The big majority of the users, who are asking me for the “best” driver, do not even tell me, which architecture (32/64bit) their OS has. So a direct link to the uploaded driverpack could end with the message, that the driver is “corrupted”.

These v15 platform drivers do not support your X99 Chipset system. Nevertheless you can force the manual installation of a “wrong” (natively not supported) driver by using the “Have Disk” option.

Ok, so I am still confused as to what the right drivers and versions are :frowning:

See I have a x99 board with a 5820k this also confuses me when something along the lines are stated.

(Recommended for Intel 7-Series Chipset Desktop systems and for X79/X99 Chipset systems)

So if I have a x99 board would this work with my 6 series?

I have been running this v14.8.16.1063 all along since I registered because of the statement made about it working with X99 boards so I was very confused and still am.

The choice of the “right” drivers depends on the X99 chipset mainboard SATA port, where your HDDs/SSDs are connected.
A. HDDs/SSDs, which are connected to the SATA ports 1-6, can use all Intel AHCI/RAID drivers of the Intel RST v14 platform (currently latest: v14.8.16.1063).
B. For HDDs/SSDs, which are connected to the SATA ports 7-10, the appropriate Intel AHCI/RAID drivers are the RSTe v5 platform ones (currently latest: v5.3.0.1388)

@jujubeans :
You obviously are mixing the Intel Chipset Series.
The X99 Chipset belongs to the Intel C600+ “Enterprise” Chipset Series and not to the Intel 6-Series Chipsets (like the Z68 Chipset). These are completely different Chipset Series and need absolutely different Intel AHCI/RAID drivers.

@fernando - Interesting - no issue installing the INF from Device Manager for the 1st set (v14), but when I did the 2nd set (v5) it moved the Controller from the IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers section down to the Storage Controllers section. I haven’t re-booted yet, but that’s not going to try and force it to RAID, is it?

I want to confirm that all will be well before I reboot :slight_smile:

Does this also apply to me?