Intel SoC: Bay Trail and al

@ Huang Yi-Ping:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum and thanks for your report, which will be very interesting for other users with an Intel Bay Trail system running in AHCI mode.
To be honest: Although I had added the related HardwareIDs to the INF files, I didn’t really expect, that my “Universal mod+signed” Intel RST/RST(e) drivers really would support Intel Bay Trail SATA AHCI Controllers.
Enyoy your Intel Bay Trail AHCI system running Intel’s AHCI driver (instead of the generic MS one)!

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hi,
I finally managed to install the AHCI driver from Intel on my Bay Trail.
it does work with no issues but performance is not superior to the Microsoft one.
after many runs these are the best results for each driver:

|addpics|bpu-1-a2e2.png-invaddpicsinvv,bpu-2-3196.png-invaddpicsinvv|/addpics|

@elisw :
Thanks for having done some tests with your BayTrail system running in AHCI mode.

Since there are a lot of different Intel AHCI drivers available, I would like to know, which Intel AHCI driver you used and how you got it installed.

Hi Dieter,
as with Huang Yi-Ping the driver is iaStor.sys v11.2.0.1006 and installed using the modded+signed version of the file, after installing the certificate.

Good morning everyone,

I also have successfully installed the modded+signed version on my Acer Aspire E5-511 Notebook. Works like a charm!
Thank you Dieter!

Regards,
Reto

@Reymondo78 :
Hello Reto,
welcome to the Win-RAID Forum and thanks for your feedback!
Which one of my various mod+signed Intel RST driver versions did you install?
Have you already tried v13.44.0.1026?
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hello Dieter,

Thank you very much for the warm welcome. I have used the 64bit variant of the Intel RST v.11.2.0.1006 as found on the first page of this topic. If you can lead me to your newer mod+signed driver version, I would gladly test it. :slight_smile:

Regards,
Reto

Addendum:

The Intel RST driver v11.2.0.1006 as found on the previous page was not signed. I was a bit overly enthusiastic this morning and hadn’t realized that I was already in the test mode of Windows 10.
I’m sorry for any confusion I may have caused. However, I’ve found the v13.44.0.1026 driver as you mentioned, executed the batch file and installed the driver.
I don’t have encountered any problems so far.

Regards,
Reto

@Reymondo78 :
Thanks for your feedback and your info regarding the not digitally signed modded Intel RST drivers v11.2.0.1006, which were attached to >this< very old post dated 08/02/2015.
By the way: At that time I was not even able to give any of my modded driver a digital signature.
To avoid any future misunderstandings, I have removed the attached drivers and added an info about where the users can find my latest mod+signed Intel RST/RST(e) drivers.

This is good news for me (as the “maker”) and the future users of the mod+signed Intel RST driver v13.44.0.1026, which contains my self-composed Intel AHCI INF file and a renamed SYS file. Thanks for having tested this new driver.

Aha, great to see you could develop your skills and provide us, the ordinary citizen, with that fantastic mod and fool-proof executable batch file to sign the driver!

I noticed during the comparative performance benchmark with ATTO Disk Benchmark I made, that the transfer rate with the v13.44.0.1026 is about 3-4% less than with the classic v11.2.0.1006 driver. Reverting back to the v11.2.0.1006 :slight_smile:

Regards,
Reto

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: SOS - Trying to install windows 2000 Pro with AHCI