Invalid bios image error with moded Gigabyte BIOS

I really hope somebody help me out…

I have in hand a core I9 9th gen engineering sample and it requires flashing a moded BIOS to work. the motherboard refuses to flash it and I don’t really want to do it on a programmer with soldiering / resoldering stuff. not enough experience or tools and there is no one I know I can trust for that thing. I heard that there is a workaround for this issue, but I didn’t find it. I tried flashing with AMI afuwin and afudos. afuwin refused to flash the ME region which is the one that intended to be changed for CPU to work, but it did for other blocks. afudos however showed an error reading the flash file on a bootable dos USB drive. I hope you guys help me out on this. would be really appreciated.

Motherboard:

H310M S2H 2.0 (rev. 1.0) Key Features | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

There is a search box on top…to use it.

https://winraid.level1techs.com/t/guide-coffee-lake-cpus-on-skylake-and-kaby-lake-motherboards/32344/1531

Flashing Gigabyte while avoiding “Invalid BIOS image” - BIOS/UEFI Modding / BIOS Modding Guides and Problems - Win-Raid Forum (level1techs.com)

1 Like

Thank you. This what I exactly did. I was a bit lost looking everywhere. I searched, but didn’t chose words properly. Luckily googling brought me to this thread you posted and it worked quite well.

Now I am overclocking memory on an H310 motherboard :sweat_smile: