Is modding the Standard SATA AHCI Controller module possible?

I was thinking about something and I wanna know if it is theoretically possible. Is it possible to edit the module of my Standard SATA AHCI Controller so my SSD won’t report a serial number? Or is there a different way to make the BIOS not detect the serial number of my SSD?

@Shmurkio
For sure it is possible to change the hex code of each BIOS module, but the question is: What will happen?
By the way - why do you want to to get the SSD’s serial number hidden?

I’m trying to add some “privacy” features to my BIOS, so that’s the main reason I wanna do this. I was just wondering if this is actually possible.

I know that it’s possible to edit the modules, but I am still not sure if I get everything right. The module for the controller is basically the built-in driver in the BIOS for the controller, right? So can editing this module actually hide the serial number (if everything goes right)?

@Shmurkio
The SATA AHCI Controller itself is a hardware device of the mainboard, the related BIOS module (Option ROM or EFI DXE Driver) contains just the Firmware for it.

Editing the firmware of that controller should let me hide the serial number then, do I get that right?

I neither can nor will help you. The only reason for my reply was, that I wanted to know the reason for your strange request.

Alright, thanks anyway :slight_smile: