Is there anyway to improve memory compatibility through DXE modules update? (CpuDxe, NbDxe and others).

Hi, I have a ASRock Z68 Fatal1ty and it doesn’t work when I try to put memories on dual channel and XMP (on single channel and XMP, the RAM works at related timings and frequencies, but on dual channel it only works on JEDEC).
On dual channel and XMP, it fails to post (55 - memory not instaled).

I have tried it with two memory kits, both GSkill: F3-2400C10Q-32GTX - 2400mhz and F3-14900CL8D-8GBXM - 1866mhz.
I tried the memories on another motherboard, to be sure that they are fine and working as it should.

I’m on 2.26A uefi version, but tried every one from 2.10.

I was thinking if its dangerous to replace DXE modules that controls the memories to try to increase compatibility but I don’t even know what modules are they. Do you know if it is possible and, what modules I need to replace?

Tks.

@jcorrea :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
AFAIK it is not possible to improve the memory compatibility by replacing/modifying/updating any DXE BIOS module.
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@Fernando :
Is there another way to do that?

can’t you set the memory timings manually on a Z68 board?

Yes, I can, but post also fails on 55 error. I think that there is something wrong on uefi, cause until the version 2.23A, the max trfc value was 255, not 511 as it should be. I think that ASRock adjust the max trfc on latest uefi (2.26A), but there is something wrong yet.

I’m looking at this myself for X370 boards. What I can say is that one or more modules will contain the memory compatibility table but it probably isn’t going to be any DXE module but possibly a module to do with the CPU due to the IMC being integrated on the CPU. In the case of AMD boards at least XMP is intercepted and “translated” to make the profile compatible for Zen and highly depends on the mainboard manufacturer not screwing anything up when adding their own customisations. Thats about all I can tell you right now firmware these days isn’t as simple as replacing the EBB block and being done :stuck_out_tongue:

@ket

Would you be willing to answer my question posted here? Since namely you modded ASUS P5Q BIOS I used for years with great success. And now I need to read some RAM table values from it and type them into Gigabyte BIOS at boot.