Laptop shuts off after 30 minutes

Based on your dump, I followed the CleanUp Guide and used the latest ME8 firmware as well. In the archive I have included the cleaned SPI dump (spi_fix.bin), the extracted cleaned ME region from the fixed SPI (me_fix.bin) and the modified Flash Descriptor (desc_fix.bin) so that you won’t have to do the pinmod every time. First flash the FD via “fptw -rewrite -desc -f desc_fix.bin” followed by “fptw -greset”. You should now be able to re-flash without the pinmod. Then run “fptw -rewrite -me -f me_fix.bin” followed by “fptw -greset”. After the reboot, the system should be ok. To check, run MEInfo & MEManuf. Also, please remember to first compress and then attach any text file reports. That’s due to a forum bug in which txt attachments don’t work.

spi_fixes.rar (2.56 MB)

So after grabbing those files for you I’ve left the laptop running and it’s still on. Definitely a good sign I think! I’ll see tomorrow when I get up for work if it’s still running, if not I will flash those files you provided.

I may be bit late, but in order to get around the 30 minutes shutdown issue, what I do is I have created scheduled tasks "sleep" & "wake" to put the system to sleep after 25 minutes & wake it after 28 minutes/sleep event and set them to run indefinitely, what this does is, sleep resets the ME timeout clock and you will not lose any work due to abrupt shutdown. Hope this helps a little bit in getting the actual problem resolved.