In the spirit of Profile - ForeignerInBeijing - Win-Raid Forum ‘s great post on Chinese X99 Motherboards with TPM2.0 support I have found that the LPC TPM Modules you buy on AliExpress often have old firmwares that are not ready for Attestation.
To check this you can run the following command as admin in Windows: tpmtool getdeviceinformation
Ideally it should state
-Ready For Storage: True
-Ready For Attestation: True
else it wil complain about vulnerable firmware.
Most of the modules are shipped with the old vulnerable firmware. So far I have encountered two base firmware version on the modules (usually SLB 9665 from Infineon):
TPM20_*.0 (which can be upgraded to 5.67.19690.2)
TPM20_*.2 (which can be upgraded to 5.67.19690.2)
I have made a zip file with all the latest files I could find, you can download it here (TPM SLB9665 26H1), so you can play Battlefield 6 on your Chinese Xeon E5 v3/v4 build.
I think I’m blind because I can’t find a firmware version for 5.0.1089.2 or 5.62.3126.2.
I’ll also update the title of my topic as it’s misleading. The 5.66 upgrade I’m looking for is specifically for the 5.xx.xxx.2 versions ending on 2.
The error I’m getting when trying to use TPM20_5.63.3144.0 to TPM20_5.66.19374.2 throws an error:
Infineon Technologies AG TPMFactoryUpd Version 01.01.2212.00
[2025-09-30 17:42:40]
Error detected:
Final code: 0xE0295518
Final message: Could not find a firmware image to update the configured target firmware version.
Module: c:\jenkins\workspace\ifxtpmupdate_uefi_msvc_ci_1718\uefiworkspace\TPMToolsUEFIPkg\TPMFactoryUpd\CommandFlow_TpmUpdate.c; Function: CommandFlow_TpmUpdate_ProceedUpdateConfig; Line: 1559
Code: 0xE0295518
Message: No firmware image found to update the current TPM firmware. (.\TPM20_5.62.3126.2_to_TPM20_5.66.19374.2.BIN)
or using -firmware TPM20_5.63.3144.0_to_TPM20_5.66.19374.2.BIN -update tpm20-emptyplatformauth this error:
Message: The provided firmware image is not valid for the TPM. (0xE0295516)
Glad you found my earlier dive into TPM 2.0 useful! Based on below information, I wouldn’t worry too much about the current situation
Infineon officially intends to make an upgrade available shortly for FIPS (.2). I quote: “It is currently available on MyICP (requires NDA to access this site), but the plan is to make it public in the near future.”
Most importantly when looking at what you upgrade to with 5.66: I have yet to see any 5.66 upgrade to Common Criteria (.0), the only upgrades are to FIPS. So it seems the future is anyhow FIPS only.
So just keep an eye out on for instance the PremaMod homepage. They tend to have the latest updates shortly after they have arrived.
hi! i like to have TPM 2.0 in my older 4th gen notebook. it have a tpm footprint in motherboard so i can solder a 9660/9665. and probably i need to get a bios patched by my OEM or try to mod it (difficult). i can choose 9660 with 1.2 firmware preinstalled and update it to 2.0 right?
I managed to upgrade a Broadwell motherboard that ran a TPM1.2 SLB9665 to TPM2.0 using this firmware pack. I had to disable TPM in the BIOS to get access using the flash tool. Of course proceed at your own risk.
seriously? you can give me the exact model? what firmware you use to upgrade the infineon chip? you are not using Intel PTT? because Broadwell chipsets have support for intel PTT (fTPM 2.0). my chipset never receive PTT support and my bios only see TPM 1.2 support. give me more details to have an idea if it can work in my machine
mine notebook dont come with a TPM chip, but i have a placeholder to solder it. i buy 9660 or 9665? i only see TPM 1.2 references on bios. its a haswell platform. on what firmware you have that 9665 on the spectre laptop? i need all information as possible
Infineon has now released an update to the public. The following older versions can be updated to the latest version 5.67.19690.2:
5.62.3126.2
5.63.3144.0
5.63.3353.0
5.63.3353.2
5.66.19374.2
I did some simple editing of the EFI shell script to automate the updating, just like the previous file from Premamod. I have verified myself that it is working, and the files can be downloaded from here.
@wepee
Since it is better for the Forum visitors to find all existing posts regarding the topic “TPM2.0 Firmware Modules for Infineon Chips SLB 9665” within the same thread, I have merged your help request with this already existing thread and hope for your understanding.
Which files do I need to update an Infineon 9665 TPM 2.0 with firmware 5.0.16640.2? I’ve downloaded a few packs of firmware files and none have that exact version number before the _to_
I bought two modules to use on an Asrock B450 Pro4 and a B450M Pro4.
I found a download that included the files TPM20_5.0.1089.2_to_TPM20_5.62.3126.2.BIN and TPM20_5.62.3126.2_to_TPM20_5.67.19690.2.BIN to get it to the latest firmware.
The name of the archive with those two and several other firmware versions is IFX_TPMfwcollection_26H1.7z