Latest firmware for WD WD1003FBYX-01Y7B1 (Sata Internal Enterprise disc)

Does anybody know where to download the latest BIOS module for my internal SATA drive of Western Digital. Sometimes the disc just disappears in Windows . From time to time (rarely) it does not spin-up. Although all S.M.A.R.T. attributes say there is no problem. Not even an error in the tool ‘Crystal Disk info’ (latest version). I currently have firmware 01.01V03. The model name is : ‘WDC WD1003FBYX-01Y7B1’. It is an Enterprise version. Normally should be even more stable than Desktop drives, but mine has problems with spinning up.

Seems an RE drive, was it from a branded machine or retail purchase, if its branded usually we found some updates on machines with such model drives (I saw a user with a Dell R410 with FW 01.01V02 that was asking for the 01.01V03 FW update on Dell forums), another way is by SN or Label on drive… its always a bit hard to find these FW files, but myself have done it this way several times from HP and Dell

EDIT: IF its RETAIL your not going to flash FW from DELL or HP…even so its not my task or time to look for it, there is no DELL or HP dedicated links, seems you dont understand what is written, these are drives that comes as part of their systems.

@ FSHEHTESI
Solution to this:
enable hotswap in bios Or disable hipm dipm in windows.

It is an original Western Digital drive, bought from a retail online shop. Can you tell me the website adress where to look for firmware updates (from Dell) ?

In the BIOS “hotswap” is enabled . Can you tell me how to disable ‘HIPM DIPM’ in Windows ? Thx in advance.

-Add AHCI Link Power Management to Power Options in Windows | Tutorials

Can I use the tutorial (see above) for Windows 11 ? I notice it is for win 7,8 and 10. I have an official Windows 11 21H2 Pro.

yes its the same

I have added it. until now there is not yet a spin up problem. I can only know after time, because it happens only rarely. Thanks already