Learning about my ASUS T200TAC BIOS

Looking for suggestions on where I might find or how I might undo certain changes that ASUS did to this device.

What they did was create a device named ASM1153 which is identified as an “External USB Drive” by the OS/System that in reality is a drive dock located inside the keyboard/base.

ASUS will not help me undo this (they modify docking HDD as an external USB device on purpose) because they do not want users to be able to boot from any drive installed in this dock.

The problem is that the OS/System see’s any drive installed as an external drive plugged into a USB port and Windows ignores the drives built in controller. So SSD’s are seen/treated as HDD’s and S.M.A.R.T. data is seen as not supported. I have a Crucial MX200SSD which has outdated firmware, but even Crucial’s Storage Executive cannot “See” the drive.

I have the MMTool and current BIOS and am relatively capable of learning new things, however, have no idea where ASUS may have hidden this.

Has anyone here encountered anything similar from ASUS? I have extracted several “ASUS” filenames and searched for references to ASM1153 in my hex editor but so far have had no luck locating it :slight_smile:

Is there an MOD that will “Show” (Unhide) hidden settings in the BIOS?