Legacy ACHI 32 bit Storage Matrix upgrade to IRST

Im getting ready to benchmark the AHCI drivers on a HP MediaSmart ex49x mini server with the goal of finding out if updating from Storage Matrix to IRST would give a boost to data transfer speed. The OE driver is the intel v8.2.0.1001 (an iaStor.sys driver) and the OS is Windows Home Server v1 based on the 32bit s2k3r2.

If anyone would be kind enough to jump in, I have a question or two.

First I was planning to benchmark with Crystal disk mark 5.1 but I’ve noticed most of the benchmarking on Win-Raid is with ASSD. Would one be more stable than the other? Ive noticed with Crystal Disk Mark the benchmarks are not consistent by sometimes more than 10% on back to back tests.

The other question is regarding the driver. Am I reading correctly that the most recent RST driver that is compatible with ICH9R is v11.7.4.1001 or should I be using v10.1.0.1008? Also, I’m presuming that since the OS is pre w8.1 that using the digitally signed driver would not do much, yes?

For CDM, set test count to 5, or at least three, then you will have averaged results once it’s done. Use 1GB if testing SSD Drivers and the rest, you’ll have to wait for help/comments from others

11.2.0.1006 - the last of the pre-RSTE series, would also be worth considering, I seem to recall it doing very well in tests.
The stock unmodded drivers will be appropriately signed (Intel), the modded drivers are custom signed, but are unlikely to be optimal anyway.