Lenovo E585: refuses to boot after a bios update

Hello,

I have a Lenovo E585 that refuses to boot after a bios update.
So I did a Dump with a CH341A and downloaded the original bios but I still can’t figure out how to create a new “clean” file.
Can I directly flash the FL file?
If not, could someone please help me to make a new correct bios file?
Thank you so much Smile
Have a good day.
Link to the original update : https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles/r0uuj82w.exe

My dump : dump.rar (3.9 MB)

I buy this laptop in France (visibly, it’s an important information for TPM chip?).
Thank you :slight_smile:

Seems you’re not too lucky with yoiur machines- you got a lot of bios problems during the last months?

Lenovo E585: refuses to boot after a bios update
16 hours

[REQUEST] MSI Prestige 14 unbrick
Nov 2

[SOLVED] Toshiba S50-B-12C : Bios maybe corrupted
Jun 21

[HELP] Acer Z3770 Help for a downgrade file
Jan 28

G7-2043SF brick / doens't want to turn on after flash
Nov 25, '21

[SOLVED] Ideapad 330S-15IKB invalid data on bios
Jul 8, '21

Not all my laptops ! I have mine (3 of them) and 3 others from friends and friends of friends. They come to me because they know i have a CH41A and i don’t be afraid about soldering et disassembly laptops.
But if it’s forbidden to request many times, tell me and i’ll remove threads and requests ?

I don’t think that it’s forbidden to have many requests, why should it be?

But you might be interested in trying to fix these firmwares yourself? There’s lots of information within just this forum… And afterwards you might even be able to help other users?!

1 Like

Hello,
I would like to learn but to be honest, i read guide etc and i never understand…Probably because English isn’t my native language and maybe a little bit of stupidity :confused:
Guides explain how to mod bios files but i never find a tutorial for make a clean bios file to unbrick a laptop.
If you have a link or some tips, i’m ready to learn and help users here.
Thank you

Hello,
I don’t want to flood but someone can help me please? Maybe a tutorial exist or something to do it by myself ?
Thank you very much

There’s lots of examples here. You need a hex editor (HxD), and UEFIToolNE for the first look.

Compare the dump to the bios versions ‘before update’ and ‘tried updated to’ both directions and see if you can find signs of a flash failure- a block where writing stopped for example and where it new bios ‘before’ of ‘after’ and old code vice versa.
You can then in addition check this address in UEFIToolNE and compare the structure of the stock bios to the dump.
Thereafter you decide which way to go- old version or new version.

For now try to find old and new bios version and the spot where the flashing might have stopped…