Lenovo Yoga 11e 20LN 20LM BIOS Problem

Hey guys,

Im experiencing a problem with a Lenovo Yoga 11e 20LN 20LM where the BIOS update went funny after it was run and the screen went black when booting up. (Only the ESC key is lit up and the little red dot on the Thinkpad Logo, cant hear any fans or anything. Caps lock doesnt light up.)

I tried unplugging and draining the power out, starting it back up and still black. When you force off the laptop it automatically lights up again without pressing the power button.

I used a ch341a programmer to dump the BIOS from the two chips that were on the board. A chip near the wireless card (MXIC 25L1006E MI-10G) which only had about little bit of code and the one near the CPU (MXIC MX 25U6473F M21-10G) which is about 8-9mb, so guessing this is the main bios firmware. Not sure what the little one is for.

I flashed the firmware that i got from DrBIOS for that particular motherboard to the larger IC and seemed to go through okay but starting it back up and its still showing a black screen. I left it on for 5-10min on the side and got a beeping sound after a while (3 in a row).

Any idea what could be wrong? First time ive tried to attempt a repair on a BIOS so maybe i missed something?

Thanks heaps
Tattwa

Hello, do you know how to clean the cmos of that board, could you help me please?

@Tattwa was seen last time may '22. And in case you want to address someone directly use the “@” in front of the username.

CMOS is cleaned by removing the batteries (both) or by the corresponding Lenovo procedure (often long pressing power button or a special reset button).

Why do you want to “reset CMOS”?