Lost GbE MAC & UUID after ASUS service

Hi there,

I want to ask something. My mobo (ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger) was on service under warranty. Now they return me the mobo with strange MAC Address 88:88:88:88:87:88, UUID all F’s and no serial number. Can i fix this with flashing my bios or i should use spi programmer to fix this problem. And if i must use spi programmer can you suggest me what model should i buy and should i buy bios chip also. Also in bios when i enable network stack WOL is greyed out and it says N/A and i can’t change that. Here is MEinfo -verbose and MEManuf -verbose files. I suppose that i can remove the bios chip on my motherboard easily because it’s socketed. I hope you can help me.

I have emailed asus and they don’t answer me till now (passed 5 days) :). I want to ask you something. Can you review this files if you have time and tell me is everything ok with ME.

I see some output that i don’t understand. It says that bios config and gbe config lock are enabled but i can configure bios. Also other security related settings are disabled. How can i configure ME. Is there official documenetation from intel for ME configuration. I tried FD44Editor and i should place serial number with 15 characters there. My serial number is 12 characters. And how to recreate UUID. I know that the last part is the mac address but i don’t know how to recreate the first 4 parts. There is a stickers for mac and serial number on the motherboard but there is not a sticker for UUID. I’m also sending you wmic query from windows about baseboard. Also i’m sending you pictures from bios for ethernet configuration and WOL is greyed out and says N/A. I hope you can point me to the wright direction to fix this issues.

One last thing. Does this spi usb programmer will work for my motherboard. And can i use this with the first programmer to not desolder teh spi chip. Also i’m sending you spi dump from my running bios on my motherboard . Best Regards.

mefiles.zip (3.57 KB)

Pictures.zip (5.94 MB)

@machineman

I moved your posts and tagged you to see where your help topic is. Please don’t open new threads or posts for the same issue, if someone can help then it will be here. As I said, the problem is not ME related, everything looks ok at the logs and you don’t need to configure anything there. For the other BIOS related problems with GbE and UUID, you’ll need to ask ASUS or wait for someone here who can help you in these regards.

What about the programmer can i use it for my mobo.

That board has a socketed/removable SPI chip so you don’t really need a SOIC clip. A cheap CH341A programmer should be able to read and flash the chip.