Low performance on WD Nvme drive

Hi! I bought a Western Digital black 3D 500 GB Nvme drive, it is supposed to have seq. read speed of up to 3500MB, but i only get around 1700? It is installed in a PCI-E to M.2 adapter and running at PCI-E 3.0 X4. I have disabled C-states, set the power plan to performance, disabled PCI-E power management in BIOS and disabled the cache in windows. As far as i know Western digital doesnt have a Nvme driver so im using the one that comes with windows 10. What could be wrong?

as-ssd-bench WDS500G2X0C-00L3 16.05.2018 15-00-11.png

@friskies :
It is not easy for me to help you, because I don’t have a Western Digital NVMe SSD.
So I only can give you some tips:
1. Read the start post of >this< thread and follow my advices.
2. Try to disconnect all other Disk Drives and try to connect the NVMe SSD to another PCIe slot.
3. If both previous tips do not solve your problem, I recommend to contact the Wester Digital Support.

Good luck!

Is the PCIe to M.2 adapter made by good manufacturer?
Try resetting BIOS to defaults and not disable C states, PCIe power savings etc… Win 10 sometimes is wonky.

Also update MEI firmware to latest using Winraid repo and follow the instructions carefully.
From looking at drive specs your drive can max out reads at 2700-2800MB/s and writes at 1500-1700MB/s.
Follow this thread to try OFA drivers and see if it works for you! Adata XPG SX8200 NVMe, Windows 7 64bit and S.M.A.R.T.