Maximus VIII Formula + Xeon E3-1240 v5 possible?

Hi all.
Please help with my problem.
I want to merge my Asus Maximus VIII Formula (z170) and Xeon E3-1270 v5.
already did something wrong and turned the board into a brick & restored to working condition :))
I’m sure it is possible to combine them, but I can’t find information. Help, real professionals, make a bios mod!
Thanks

Stepping of the CPU and ME version might be a problem, besides an mcode update or not as its already in the bios.
Its up to the user to test different ME11 fw image versions, bios downgrade, mcode etc… not remotely done.

Easiest method is probably through CoffeeTime 0.99. In the readme for CoffeeTime it will tell you which ME versions to use for Xeon (from memory there are 2 - 11.0 something, and 11.6 or .8 something).

It’s just a few clicks under the “ME” section in the application. Replace the ME then click disable. You can ignore the rest.

You should be able to get the board to boot then.

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Thank you all for the answers! yes you were right. used the mod bios coffee 0.99 and ME 11.6 versions.
I still have a problem with rebooting. the computer does not want to start after rebooting. I have to unplug the system completely…
have to think what’s causing it…
Any ideas?

@pavloid Try the following ME versions using Coffeetime. From readme for Coffeetime:

Or

Zitat von IntelModder im Beitrag #5
@pavloid Try the following ME versions using Coffeetime. From readme for Coffeetime:

Or

I installed ME 11.8 version. Now all the problems are solved. Thank you!