MC Extractor: Intel, AMD, VIA & Freescale Microcode Extraction Tool Discussion

Here you go with the v1.92.1-r275 enjoy :blush:
v1.92.1-r275

1 Like

Thank you very much @amdtip :slight_smile:

Here we go again, new version of MCE v1.94.2.exe for r276 needed, can anyone compile and put this for download please?

10 seconds of your time with Python, problem solved:

CMD Admin: pyinstaller --noupx --onefile MCE.py

EDIT: PyInstaller is a package, installation by CMD line admin:
pip install pyinstaller

Create a temp folder and extract the content of the MCE v1.94.2 r276
Run a CMD Admin, path to the created temp folder and execute the previous CMD given, to build it.

Tool with GUI (uses PyInstaller): Auto PY to EXE

MCExtractor-1.94.2.zip (8.9 MB)

Virus detected by Windows defender!

https://winraid.level1techs.com/uploads/short-url/n6opKoNqThWIx3ltHOVcY07rqai.zip

Where will I stick this command line? There is no pyinstaller.exe at Python default folder.

Thank you very much for explanation MeatWar. Found mce.exe file under -dist- folder. :blush:

I was thinking about this process a bit tricky. Well maybe true, maybe not, but I am very frequently replacing my use of computer, format, other devices. To do this conversion needs a lot of things to install and run for each device, also remembering the commands, need to write somewhere shortly. Still time consuming for meā€¦

By the way, I could not manage to run gui version ā€œauto-py-to-exe Ā· PyPIā€ how will this run?

Hello guys, Iā€™m currently trying to mod a BIOS via MCE as part of UBU tool for my Z790 motherboard to utilize the latest 0x11D microcode, but MCE is failing to replace the microcode. Iā€™ve pasted the microcode .bin file in a 1700 Folder inside the mCode folder and added a line to mcupdate.txt, but itā€™s telling me that thereā€™s no file found. Upon checking the database via MCE I can see the newest firmware as well, but thereā€™s no replace option to mod the file/BIOS. Any help would be much appreciated.

No problem hereā€¦ just for curiosity, whats the MB model and dont need to mask mCodes GUIDā€¦ youā€™re not sharing any personal data.

EVGA Z790 Dark KP. Any idea what I might be doing wrong? Do I need to put something else in the folder or use a special syntax in order for UBU to be able to read the mCode .bin file?

Now that you provided the MB model, further tests in the 1.03 bios version, reveals that its correct, UBU cant deal with it correctly.
The culprit here can be the MMtool more likely, too new or specific EVGA/AMI bios structure regarding data on mCode GUID.

If you know how to recover the system, i do suggest trying HEX edit the mcodes as it seems no know tool can handle it in automatic process.
You can wait for other users pov
Good luck.

EDIT: What to elaborateā€¦? HEX is HEXā€¦ find the mcode location and edit with the new mcode data.
You got plenty of tools to work with, UEFItool, MCExtractor.

Thank you for your repply.

The board has 3 BIOS chips, so recovering shouldnā€™t be a problem. Could you elaborate on editing the HEX for the newer mCode to be applied please?

Thank you, cheers!

@Fernando, @Pluto
I forgot theme.
It EXE.Scripts inside for install and compile.
@Pluto, thank You
MCE_1.95.5_r277.zip (8.6 MB)
MA_1.283.3_335.zip (8.5 MB)

@Michael_Code
@plutomaniac
Michael any issues in UBU using the new MCE_1.95 released and Python 3.12
I had none in 1.94_r276, using EXE or Py, neither with Python 3.11-3.12 transition
Or any other members?
Thank you

MCE will be re-written with v2 and many old/deprecated/unused features/processes will be removed. The UBU integration was always unofficial and got deprecated once SoniX stopped working on UBU. Some of that old code got removed in the last version, and a lot more changes will follow with the release of MCE v2 in the future.

1 Like

Thank you ā€œBossā€, we can deduce then, that all users who still use MCE in UBU will have to stick with the MCE1.94 build and building their own DB, adding new mcodes, valid statement?

EDIT: Thank you, my friendā€¦ as i do suspect that many forums users, specially new comers will persist in using UBU, besides no further recent development, i had to ask this, all the best.

Yes, knowing though that an old version is used with its own functionality, coverage, bugs etc. Someone could also modify UBU to work with newer versions. Either way, UBU is no longer maintained, so it will stop working properly, sooner than later, regardless of MCE.

1 Like

MC Extractor v1.96.0 r279

MC Extractor v1.96.0 r279.zip (9.3 MB)

2 Likes

Version 1.94.2 r276 works with UBU but starting from 1.95.5 r277 and 1.96.0 r279 gives an error and does not work under UBU at CPU MicroCode branch.

So long, UBUā€¦ :frowning: