Mod+signed Samsung NVMe drivers for HP+Dell systems

Done!

Since there are not many users with your specific OS/SSD configuration, I recommend to find it out yourself.

Hi Dieter,
I have the same problem as Pavel. Why do you think that there are not many users with a Windows Server OS and a Samsung Enterprise NVME? Because of Storage Spaces Direct this is one of the most used platforms for NVMEs and SSDs! The Standard NVM Express Controller from Microsoft is a piece of crap to use with Samsung NVMEs and SSDs. It seams that Samsung is offering drivers for our PM1725b only to OEMs. We find no way to use the NVMEs from Samsung (PM1725b) itself with Windows Server 2019 and normal performance.
We tried your modded 64bit Win10 Samsung NVMe driver v2.0.8.1611 driver but it did not work on a Server OS. Do you see any way to mod an Dell PM1725b driver for a Windows Server OS?

@AlexJoda :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
Please test the attached 64bit mod+signed Samsung NVMe driver v3.1.0.1901 and report, whether it worked for your system or not.
Don’t forget to import the Certificate, before you start with the installation.
Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

EDIT: The attached driverpack has been removed by me on 08/09/2019, because it doesn’t yet support all HardwareIDs of Samsungs NVMe Controllers.

Dieter,
thanks for the quick response! Sorry to say, but there is no attached driver to your message. I always thought that the v3x drivers are only for the consumer NVMEs and not for the enterprise ones like the PM1725b…

Please look as intensive as you can…

Please look as intensive as you can…

Looks like I was too quick and you attached it just at this moment:-) Thanks, I will try it. In the .INF file there is only the PM1725a mentioned…

@AlexJoda :
If you want a Samsung NVMe driver, which supports a specific NVMe Controller, you should post the related HardwareIDs and the model of the SSD.

@Fernando :
Looks like I can install the driver but after the restart the driver did not start! It is listed under storage controllers with this yellow triangle. The PCI Information is:
Device PCI\VEN_144D&DEV_A822&SUBSYS_A80C144D&REV_01\075D0091F538250000
The model is called SAMSUNG MZPLL3T2HAJQ-00005 and SAMSUNG MZWLL3T2HAJQ-00005 (PM1725b - 3,2TB)

@AlexJoda :
Ok, I will send you tomorrow via eMail a mod+signed driver variant, which hopefully will support your specific NVMe Controller, but this is just for testing. If the driver should work for you, I need the HardwareIDs of all other natively not supported Samsung NVMe Controllers and the related SSD models.
By the way: If the Samsung NVMe driver v3.1.0.1901 supports your NVMe Controller (after the modification of the INF file), you should be able to get even the WHQL certified original driver installed, if you use the "Have Disk" option, navigate to the INF file and choose any of the listed Controllers.

Hi guys, I also have PM1725b 3.2TB drives (HWID: PCI\VEN_144D&DEV_A822&SUBSYS_A80C144D&REV_01) running on an Epyc-based Supermicro 1023US - I was wondering if AlexJoda got the Samsung driver to work or not.

I tried the AMD driver, but while it did install, I couldn’t access the devices after rebooting.

Thanks a lot.

Good afternoon, Fernando.
Your work on this topic is grateful.

I ask you to help me with my SSD. First of all, I don’t know how to install a signature and a driver.
I have the following model ssd: SAMSUNG PM1725b 3.2Tb mzwll3T2hajq-00005 OEM
Windows 10 PRO operating system.

What drivers should I download?

@Busido_RUS :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!

Why do you want to use a Samsung NVMe driver, although the MS Win10 in-box NVMe driver should work fine with your system?
Which are the HardwareIDs of the NVMe Controller, which is within the NVMe SSD? You can find them by expanding the “Storage Controllers” section of the Device Manager, doing a right-click onto the listed “Standard NVM Express Controller” and choosing the options “Properties” > “Details” > “Property” > “HardwareIDs”.
If the HardwareIDs of the NVMe Controller should be supported by the mod+signed Samung NVMe drivers v2.0.8.1611, which am offering >here< for Win7 x64 and Win10 x64, you should be able to get them installed by updating the driver of the “Standard NVM Express Controller”.
Regarding the import of the Win-RAID CA Certificate and the installation of the mod+signed driver please read the start post of >this< thread.

Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@setiron :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum! I am sorry about my late reply (I missed your post during my holidays).

According to your posted HardwareIDs the NVMe Controller of your SSD should be supported by the mod+signed Samsung NVMe drivers v2.0.8.1611, which I am offering >here<.
Regarding the import of the Win-RAID CA Certificate and the installation of my mod+signed drivers please read the start post of >this< thread.

Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Good afternoon.

The problem is as follows:
1. I have two m2 ports on the motherboard.
2. In one of the ports is m2 ssd intel 760p
3. In the second m2 port there is an intel U.2 SFF-8639 adapter, through this cable I connected U2 ssd samsung pm1725b
4. In the distpacher, I have two "standard controller NVMe"
5. With standard drivers from Windows 10 PRO ssd Samsung is defined as 32 separate disks (this is due to the lack of multipath io)

------------------------
I tried updating the drivers of the “standard controller NVMe”, but apparently I made a mistake and updated the Intel driver from the Samsung and my computer freezes
and had to reinstall everything.

------------------------
Please help me:
1. What is the sequence of installing drivers for Intel SSD and Samsung SSD? On ssd Intel I have an operating system.
2. What drivers should I install?
3. Can I solve with 32 disks from Samsung in the system?

P.S. I am a designer and I need a fast and reliable ssd from Samsung to store work files and work quickly when rendering.

Thank you so much.

Check images:
http://images.vfl.ru/ii/1572657797/6944f23d/28414200.jpg
http://images.vfl.ru/ii/1572657810/1f32cfbe/28414201.jpg
http://images.vfl.ru/ii/1572657823/ff99c64b/28414202.jpg

EDIT by Fernando: Unneeded blank lines removed (to save space and for better readability)

I installed the certificate, but in the drivers only the controller model for ssd Dell pm1725a
Can you help me for my ssd model samsung pm1725b (3.2tb, 2.5") ???

Check image
http://images.vfl.ru/ii/1572668481/d6df17a9/28414508.jpg

I tried to install drivers for pm1725a adapter Samsung but after the reboot, the controller had an error, and the ssd ceased to be visible to the system.

Tell me in the drivers there are versions with the ending "Samsung adapter", what does this mean?

We do not support users of a "hacked" (not licensed) Windows OS.

1. Windows 10 Pro Operating System
    2. ssd samsung pm1725b (3.2tb, 2.5")

Today I installed all the updates Windows 10 Pro. The standard nvme controller began to correctly determine the ssd.
    Check
    http://images.vfl.ru/ii/1572716209/be0a7b84/28421711.jpg

I decided to install the driver “New 64bit Win10 Samsung NVMe driver v2.0.8.1611 mod+signed by Fernando” , but it gave an error 10 and the disk stopped detecting.
    Check
    http://images.vfl.ru/ii/1572716410/fd5fd611/28421833.jpg

What do you think is the reason? Is there a mistake here?

Good afternoon.

Do you have any thoughts where there might be a mistake?

@Busido_RUS :
How often do you want to bother us with such questions?

Yes, it was your mistake to use a cracked Win10 variant. The legally purchased Win10 image contains a generic MS NVMe driver, which supports all NVMe Controllers (no matter which manufacturer and which DeviceID).
By the way: The addition of natively missing HardwareIDs into the related *.inf file is useless, if the driver itself (that is the *.sys file) doesn’t support a specific OS or device generation.