Modded Intel AHCI and RAID Drivers (digitally signed)

@Stealth_iNfinite :
The BIOS setting “SATA/AHCI” may mean, that the Intel SATA Controller will run in AHCI mode.
If this is the case, you have to integrate an Intel AHCI driver into the XP image (or to load it via F6).

Hi!

On my ThinkPad X230 (Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit, 8GB RAM, 7-Series Chipset, single Samsung 840 Pro in AHCI mode), the modified 13.2.4.1000 driver appears to be working fine. I was going to try the latest v14 driver, but I see that you recommend 13.1.0.1058 and 13.2.4.1000 for 8 & 9-Series chipsets. I was already running original 13.1.0.1058 drivers (the only Intel 7-Series driver I found, thanks to this site, that still let me use Fast Startup without Windows dying at the boot screen) and upgrading was my only option because I wanted to test if the newer driver would result in less memory usage (nope - still exactly the same according to poolmon). Anyway, it may be placebo, but with 13.2.4.1000 my laptop boots up a lot faster and applications seem to start faster too. Thanks!

@qwerty12 :

Welcome at Win-RAID Forum and thanks for your interesting feedback!

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Any chance you will add modded 14.8.4/5 to the list?

Thanks

Although it doesn’t make much sense for me to install these latest Intel RST(e) drivers, which are not even the best choice for Intel 8- and 9-Series Chipsets, onto natively not supported old Intel Chipset systems, I will offer them tomorrow (if I should have the required time).

Update of the Start Post:

Changelog:

• new:
    "Universal 32/64bit Intel RST(e) AHCI+RAID drivers v14.8.4.1046 mod+signed by Fernando"
  • new:
    "Universal 64bit Intel RST(e) AHCI driver v14.8.5.1047 mod+signed by Fernando"

Good luck with these freshly modded and digitally signed Intel AHCI/RAID drivers!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@ Fernando
Thanks!

Better performance and windows welcome screen(logging in) is instant now compared to 14.8.1 modded. That set took a good 10secs to get past the welcome screen loading.
This is on a MBP 6 series AHCI controller

Which version (v14.8.4.1046 or v14.8.5.1047) did you install now?
Have you compared the performance/stability with other AHCI drivers? If yes, with which ones and which result?

Changelog:

• new:
    "Universal 32/64bit Intel RST(e) AHCI+RAID drivers v14.10.0.1016 mod+signed by Fernando"
  • new:
    "Universal 32/64bit Intel RST(e) Software v14.10.0.1016"
  • removed:
    • “Universal 32/64bit Intel RST(e) AHCI+RAID drivers v14.8.4.1046 mod+signed by Fernando”
    • "Universal 64bit Intel RST(e) AHCI driver v14.8.5.1047 mod+signed by Fernando"

Good luck with these freshly modded and digitally signed Intel AHCI/RAID drivers!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Any chance to get a modded v14.8.7.1051 version?. I know i could use the v14.10 but i guess it is not as stable as the 14.8 versions.

Thanks!

Changelog:

• new:
    "Universal 32/64bit Intel RST(e) AHCI+RAID drivers v14.8.7.1051 mod+signed by Fernando"
  • new:
    "Universal 32/64bit Intel RST(e) Software v14.8.7.1051"
  • removed:
    • “Universal 32/64bit Intel RST(e) AHCI+RAID drivers v14.8.1.1043 mod+signed by Fernando”
    • "Universal 64bit Intel RST(e) AHCI driver v14.8.1.1043 mod+signed by Fernando"

Dieter (alias Fernando

Hi I’m running an HP xw8600 workstation. I’m running 3 SSD drives in Raid-0 on the intel ESB2 controller. I am getting slower performance in win10 then in win7. Is there a bios I need to upgrade to and what are the best drivers to use. Thanks.

@DemiSLayer :
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

The latest Intel RAID driver, which natively supports the “Intel(R) ESB2 SATA RAID Controller”, is the Intel RST driver v10.1.0.1008 WHQL, but the “mod+signed” variant of the Intel RST driver v11.2.0.1006 is probably the best possible choice for your system.
I do not recommend to modify the mainboard BIOS. None of the Intel RST RAID ROM modules will support your Intel ESB2 SATA RAID Controller.

Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Thank you sir. Ill test it out

Hey Fernando. I bought an MSI Z87-GD45 Gaming motherboard a year or so ago and only just now got around to assembling it. I installed XP 32-bit in IDE mode, then tried to use your modded drivers as INF updates for the controllers but Windows XP 32-bit says it’s not for my hardware. Failing that, I used nLite and slipstreamed your drivers to it but it still fails to detect them. Maybe there is another PCI ID that needs to be added?

Windows 7 32-bit reports the driver as Intel(R) 8 Series/C220 Series SATA AHCI Controller - 8C02. Windows XP reports the same name/series as well.

Device ID is:

PCI\VEN_8086&SUBSYS_78211462&REV_05
PCI\VEN_8086&SUBSYS_78211462
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C02&CC_010601
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C02&CC_0106

Fernando. Answered my own question. Accidentally downloaded the Windows 7 and later drivers. Once I used the proper drivers it worked as expected. Just replaced all controller instances with these in update driver mode, restarted and set the BIOS to AHCI and now I got some speed! Thanks a lot!

@maraakate :
It is fine, that you solved your problem yourself.
Enjoy the fast USB data transfer and the Forum!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Changelog:

• new:
    "Universal 32/64bit Intel RST(e) AHCI+RAID drivers v14.8.9.1053 mod+signed by Fernando"
  • new:
    "Universal 32/64bit Intel RST(e) Software v14.8.9.1053"
  • removed:
    • “Universal 32/64bit Intel RST(e) AHCI+RAID drivers v14.8.7.1051 mod+signed by Fernando”
    • "Universal 64bit Intel RST(e) AHCI driver v14.8.7.1051 mod+signed by Fernando"

Dieter (alias Fernando

First time posting, and may I say I really appreciate you doing stuff like this.

A couple of questions and please excuse my ignorance. But first some background.

We have a variety of brand new DELL XPS laptops which have different nvme hard drives. Some samsung, some toshiba. They ship with RAID ON and windows 10. We downgraded them to Windows 7 with RAID ON which was an ordeal in itself. We had problems with whole disk encryption and McAfee told us to set it to AHCI which bluescreens the box. So we switched to the SAMSUNG NVMe driver instead of the intel raid controller and so far so good. Problem is some laptops have the Toshiba drive and won’t work with the Samsung driver. So we keep RAID ON for those.

Here are the questions, and again excuse my ignorance. Is it possible to use one driver for both RAID ON and AHCI? I tired juggling them live but it bluescreens whenever I make the change in the BIOS. The XPS have an Intel 100 chipset.

I’m assuming for a brand new laptop, I should use the latest drivers you modded? Or are the older ones more stable?

My goal is to have one image which will work with AHCI since McAfee won’t support WDE with RAID ON. But the Toshiba NVMe drives messed me up since I can’t find native toshiba drivers. So i googled univeral ahci drivers and found this thread but I’m still having problems. I installed your latest driver, but it still bluescreens when I set the BIOS to AHCI.

Thanks.

@tudobem :

All Intel RST drivers do support the RAID and the AHCI mode, but you cannot just switch the SATA mode of the on-board Intel SATA Controller from within a running OS.

Since your DELL laptops are obviously new, there is no need to install any of my modded Intel RST(e) drivers. You can take the latest original Intel RST(e) driver, which you can find >here<, for example the v14.8.9.1053 WHQL one.

There are NVMe drivers available from Toshiba resp. OCZ (it is the same Company now). You can find the latest Toshiba/OCZ Nvme drivers v1.2.126.827 WHQL >here<.
Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)