Modded Intel AHCI and RAID Drivers (digitally signed)

@messiah :
Thanks for the screenshot of the Device Manager’s “IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers” section.
Here is my comment:

1. It is impossible to update the driver of the listed “Intel(R) ICH8M Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - 2850” by using any Intel RST/RST(e) driver, because this Controller is running in IDE mode. Intel has never delivered an IDE driver.
  2. You should be able to update the driver of the listed “Intel(R) ICH8M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller” by any of my modded Intel RST/RST(e) drivers. Please check the manufacturer and version of the currently running AHCI driver by doing a right click onto the Controller > “Properties” > “Driver” > “Driver Details”. Which *.SYS file(s) do you see?

iastor.sys
anyway i tried some of these drivers i cant seem to update it…
and also i get better performance by using the standard driver dated 2006 by Microsoft…

iastor.sys

Which driver version?

How did you try to do it?

That is not a driver, but just an INF file. The real driver is obviously an Intel one named iaStor.sys.

i have reverted back to the Microsoft drivers as that seems to give better performance than intel drivers
i use the method to install thru device manager by manually choosing the file…

i am on win10 newest developer preview

anyway is there any other way to install these drivers?

There are 2 completely different methods to get a driver installed:
1. Installation of the “pure” driver (can be done manually from within the Device Manager or by using the tool named DPInst.exe, for details look >here<) or
2. Running the installer of the related “Drivers & Software Set” (the previously used Software has to be uninstalled before starting the installation of a new Set).

Hello,
does this driver support 27C0 ?
because i don’t see this device name inside INF file.
What i see is only 27C1 and 27C5.

thank you.

To fernando

my board is the Intel GMA 965 mobile express chip set

update: i seem to find some new lenovo drivers which seem to work on my intel mobile express 965 chipset

this is the details and the download link for others to try : http://www.notebook-driver.com/detail/th…river-id-16665/

VERSION INFORMATION

The following versions have been released to date.

Package Rev. Issue Date
----------- ---- ----------
11.7.3.1001 03 2015/05/29
11.7.3.1001 02 2013/11/07
11.7.3.1001 01 2013/03/15

Note: Revision number (Rev.) is for administrative purpose of this README
document and is not related to software version. There is no need to
upgrade this software when the revision number changes.

To check the version of software, refer to the Determining which version is
installed section.

Summary of Changes

Where: < > Package version number
[Important] Important update
(New) New function or enhancement
(Fix) Correction to existing function

<11.7.3.1001>
- (New) Added support Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit.

<11.7.3.1001>
- [Important] Added support for Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit.

<11.7.3.1001>
- (New) Initial release for ThinkPad T431s.

The Intel RST drivers v11.7.3.1001 are not new at all. I don’t see any reason to install them.

no what i meant new as in newer than the 2006 Microsoft drivers…

its dated 2013 and supports windows 10 64 bit and compared to another earlier 2013 driver ( ver 10.0.xxx.xxx) i was using, this lenvo one is smoother in performance…

ok i reverted all back to microsfot drivers

read that although they are dated 2006, they canbe latest…

allstabd.JPG

Yes, the MS driver is brandnew, but Microsoft forgot to customize the date within the related INF file.

so what does yr modified drivers do then???

@makobear :
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

No, it doesn’t, because none of the Intel RST drivers do support Intel SATA Controllers, which are running in IDE mode.
As long as see the DEV_27C0 Intel SATA Controller within your Device Manager, no Intel RST driver will be accepted. DEV_27C0 is the DeviceID of the “Intel(R) 82801GB/GR/GH (ICH7 Family) Serial ATA Storage Controller.Intel(R) N10/ICH7 Family Serial ATA Storage Controller”
If you want to use an Intel RST driver (original or modded), you have to switch the SATA mode to “AHCI” resp. “RAID” within the BIOS before you are going to install the OS.
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

I don’t understand, what you mean. All drivers do what they are intended for: Support of the related device (here Intel SATA AHCI resp. RAID Controller).

I did realise that my performance increased by miles when

1) reverted all storage drivers to Microsoft defined ones

2) using wise cleaner to clean the PC of old drivers

cant explain how…

@messiah :
Nobody is forced to use to install any Intel AHCI driver instead of the generic AHCI driver.
Each system is different and not all of them benefit from the usually better performance offered by the storage drivers, which have been developed by the manufacturer of the related Intel SATA AHCI Controllers.

64bit versions of v13.6.3.1001 AHCI mod-signed drivers with Intel RST Utility are working good (&stable) in a Intel Maho Bay Desktop (Ivy Bridge + Panther Point = 3rd Core + C216 Express Chipset). Thanks a lot! Max

About to reinstall xp on my Lenovo Thinkpad x200. I want to use sata mode this time. Are any of these drivers compatible?

Curently showing up as this in the device manager.
"Intel(R) ICH9M/M-E 2 port Serial ATA Storage Controller 1 - 2928"

@MaxPlayIT
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum and thanks for your feedback!

@Stealth_iNfinite :
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

No, there are are no Intel drivers available, which do support any Intel SATA Controller, which is running in “IDE” mode.
All Windows Operating Systems (inclusive XP) have the matching MS IDE driver named PCIIDE.SYS on board. So there is no need to load or integrate any SATA driver into the XP image, if the SATA Controller has been set to “IDE”.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Thank you… It’s good 2 b here.

I am trying to reinstall in SATA mode. I am tired of the slower IDE/compatibility mode.
My current installation is in IDE mode. Any time I switch the controller to SATA mode, windows doesn’t load past the STOP error.
I don’t know what the controller shows up as in device manager in SATA mode because of the STOP error.

If I reinstall in SATA mode, it won’t find my drives.

I don’t want to use IDE/compatibility mode anymore.
I am trying to reinstall with the bios set to SATA/AHCI mode not IDE/compatibility mode.
Or is this not possible?