Modded Intel AHCI and RAID Drivers (digitally signed)

Thank you for replying so quickly!
The SP2 is original with serial, the other two I tried out of desperation :slight_smile:

And you are sure, that you highlighted during the integration procedure just the appropriate Intel SATA AHCI Controller of your NUC system?
Did you check the DeviceID of the Intel SATA AHCI Controller from within the "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers" section of the Device Manager?

I checked in Win7 on my other partition.
Intel Series 8 SATA AHCI Controller - 9c03
I have used the driver Intel 8 series Chipset family mobile SATA AHCI Controller DEV_9c03 added by Fernando

Maybe the dual boot is the problem?
My setup is intel 530 SSD 240G SATA with win7 on partiton 1.
I would like to install XP on partition 2.

Then the integrated driver should work with Windows XP.

No, I donā€™t think, that this is causing the problem.

Ok, Iā€™ll keep trying, thanks!

I just wanted to let you know that I integrated your modified 11.2 universal driver using nLite to make a Windows XP Pro 32-bit OS disc for Intel Series 8 / C220 chipset. It worked with my Biostar Z87X motherboard and Haswell i7-4770K CPU, allowing me to install and run in AHCI mode. Thank you.

Do you have any plans to make an equivalent for Windows 2000 Professional?

Thanks again for your driver, Fernando, I appreciate what you have accomplished.

@ Bluebolt:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum and thanks for your feedback!

No, but it seems possible for me, that the integration of the modded Intel RST driver v11.2.0.1006 will work with Windows 2000 as well.
Have you already tested it? If yes and it failed, which message did you get?

Regards
Fernando

I have not tried the XP driver with W2K (I thought the OS match was an imperative), so I will try that this week, and post the result. Thanks for the suggestion, I look forward to testing it.

It turns out my Haswell motherboard wonā€™t be back from service for a couple of weeks.

In the meantime, I was able to try the 11.2.0.1006 driver with W2K Pro on a Biostar TZ77A motherboard and Intel i7-2700K processor (7 Series / C216 chipset); setup stopped with the message, ā€œThe file iastor.sys is corrupted. Press any key to continue.ā€

I still intend to try your driver with the 1150 socket when my board is returned, and will post then.

This is the typical message users get, when they have integrated a textmode driver with a wrong architecture (32/64bit).
Are you sure, that you took the 32bit Universal mod Intel RST driver v11.2.0.1006?

This is also the typical message Iā€™ve seen in the past when I tried using the standard Biostar XP (32-bit) pre-install driver with W2K Pro.

Pretty sure I have the right driver of yours here, as itā€™s the only one Iā€™ve downloaded, and is the same one I used successfully with Windows XP 32-bit on the Z87 board, except of course in this instance I chose ā€œ7 Series C216 chipsetā€ during nLite integration.

@ Bluebolt:

Thanks for the additional infos, which let me doubt, that any of the Intel RST drivers will work with Windows 2000.
The problem seems to be the driver itself (iaStor.sys) and not the INF or OEM file entries.
Maybe an old Intel MSM driver like v8.9.8.1005 will work, but I will have to add the missing HardwareIDs of the recently produced Intel SATA AHCI Controllers.

Sounds right. I do have an 8.9 AHCI driver for W2K Pro, and had hopes that this could be done with v11.2, but maybe itā€™s not possible. I just had to ask, as I was so pleasantly surprised your driver worked with Windows XP and Haswell (after all the times Iā€™ve seen ā€œiastor.sys is corruptedā€ in the last year, I canā€™t help but be surprised when it works).

Iā€™m thankful for the job youā€™ve done here. Your work has filled a big gap.

good afternoon. excuse if not in that subject I ask.
your recommendations for nForce4 SLI xp and xp64 Windows

@ denxyz:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

You can find suitable nForce SATA/RAID drivers and complete nForce driverpacks for Windows XP (32/64bit) within the start post of >this< thread.
If you should have further questions regarding the nForce drivers, please post them into >this< thread.

Regards
Fernando

@ Bluebolt:

Meanwhile I have remodified the latest 32bit Intel MSM driver v8.9.8.1005 dated 04/05/2010, which now should support all Intel SATA AHCI and RAID Controllers from ESB2/ICH6 up to the newest 9-Series Chipset Series ones. It will be usable with all Windows Operating Systems from Windows XP up and maybe even with Windows 2000.
Attached you can find this freshly customized "Universal 32bit Intel MSM driver v8.9.8.1005 mod by Fernando". Please test it by trying to get Windows 2000 installed onto your Intel 8-Series Chipset system running in AHCI mode.

Universal 32bit Intel MSM AHCI & RAID driver v8.9.8.1005 mod by Fernando.rar (183 KB)

Thank you for the driver, Fernando, I will test your remod with W2K Pro as soon as my motherboard returns from service, and post the result.

I have tried your chipset downloads but when I try and install windows I get the following errorā€¦ iaStor.sys is corrupted. I havenā€™t been able to figure out what I am doing wrong. Thanks for any help!

DCOM:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

What sort of "chipset downloads" do you mean? Please give me the exact name of the downloaded package.
Furthermore I would like to know, which Operating System you want to install.

This message usually comes up, when the user tries to load a 64bit textmode driver during the installation of a 32bit OS or vice versa.
Please check the architecture (32/64bit) of the OS and the driver.

Regards
Fernando

@ all users of my modded drivers:

Due to the availability of the first mainboards with an Intel 9-Series Chipset there was the need to add the missing HardwareIDs of the brandnew ā€œIntel(R) 9-Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controllersā€ into the INF and OEM files of my ā€œUniversally modifiedā€ 32/64bit Intel RST drivers v11.2.0.1006. Otherwise the owners of a brandnew Intel system would not be able to get Windows XP or Windows Server 2003 installed.

This situation has been the occasion for me for a complete revisement of the ā€œuniversally moddedā€ Intel AHCI/RAID drivers, which I am offering within the start post of this thread.
At least I changed the following:

1. addition of all new or missing HardwareIDs
  2. simplification/clarification of various Intel SATA AHCI/RAID Controller names (to make it easier for the users to differentiate them)
  3. addition of the related DeviceID to all Intel SATA Controllers names (to make it easier for the users to choose the correct AHCI/RAID Controller during the textmode driver integration)

Update of the Start Post:
Changelog:
  • refreshed: ā€œUniversal 32/64bit Intel RST textmode drivers v11.2.0.1006 re-mod by Fernandoā€
    (now with enhanced support from ICH7R/M up to 9-Series Chipset AHCI/RAID systems)
  • refreshed: ā€œUniversal 32/64bit Intel RST Drivers & Software Set v11.2.0.1006 re-mod by Fernandoā€
    (now with enhanced support from ICH7R/M up to 9-Series Chipset AHCI/RAID systems)

Request:
Although I have tried to do my very best while executing all these modifications, I am not 100% sure, that the ā€œuniversally moddedā€ Intel AHCI/RAID drivers and complete packages will work for all of you.
That is why I need your feedback (mentioning the OS, the sort of your special Intel SATA AHCI/RAID Controller and the driver version you have used).
Thanks in advance!

Good luck with these freshly customized Intel AHCI/RAID drivers!
Fernando