Modded Intel AHCI and RAID Drivers (digitally signed)

HELLO FERNANDO

WHAT YOU SAID IS VERY DIFICULT TO ME , I CANT UNDERSTAND WHAT U SAID AND DONT KNOW HOW TO INSTALL XP AND ALL THE DRIVERS U MENTIONNED

IT MEANS I WANT TO INSTALL XP ON MY HP PAVILION 15 AND I CANT AND I AM NOT AN EXPERT SO IS THERE A WAY TO GENERATE A BOOTABLE CD TO INSTALL MY LAPTOP

THAT S ALL
THANKS

I have a Windows 8.1 (update 1) PC with RST 11.7.0.1013 official on ICH10R.
Unfortunately none of your modded newer versions can be installed on my system :frowning: ā€¦the manual installation from device manager tells me that my system is already a newer version.
It 'a problem of Windows 8.1 ?
Excuse my english iā€™m Italian.

P.S.
I have disable the driver integrity check. :wink:

@ MAD MAX:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

Yes, that is possible.
At first step you should check the DeviceID of your on-board Intel SATA AHCI or RAID Controller. This is important to know, before you are going to integrate the appropriate Intel textmode driver into the XP image.
Please run the Device Manager of your HP Pavillion 15, open the "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers" and - if applicable - the "Storage Controllers" section. Then right click onto the listed Intel SATA Controllers and choose the options "Properties" > "Details" > "Property" > "HardwareIDs".
Then you will see the DeviceID (DEV_XXXX) of your currently running Intel SATA Controller.

Regards
Fernando

@ Simo75:
Welcome at WinRAID Forum!

If you want to manually install a modded driver from within the Device Manager, you have to force the installation by using the "Have Disk" button!

Regards
Fernando

@Fernando
Perfect! thanks sorry if I wasted your time!!

Today (04/25/2014) I have modded the latest Intel RST(e) drivers to make them usable with as many Intel chipset systems as possible.

Update of the start post

Changelog:

• new: 32/64bit Intel RST(e) AHCI & RAID drivers v12.9.2.1000 mod by Fernando
  • new: Universal 32/64bit Intel RST Software v12.9.2.1000 with Installer (extracted from the original Intel RST package)
  • new: 32/64bit Intel RST(e) AHCI & RAID drivers v13.0.1.1000 mod by Fernando

Any feedback is welcome and important not only for me, but for other users as well.

Enjoy the modded RST(e) drivers and the related RST software!
Fernando

The best driver 64bit Intel RSTe AHCI & RAID v13.0.1.1000 for my GA-EX58-UD4
Thanks

@ Bildy:

Welcome at Win-RAID Forum and thanks for your feedback!

Regards
Fernando

Just signed up to say thank you for your effort Fernando! Great job! Really appreciate your dedication and the time you have invested in this. Very userfriendlig and tidy layout and descriptions.

I think it is really lousy of Intel not to keep supporting ā€œonlyā€ 5 year old product of theirs.
And what is even worse is that the Intel site does not make an effort to redirect users with older unupported hardware to drivers that actually work. It is very difficult to find the drivers for discontinued products; impossible even for the untrained user.

Iā€™m om X48 ICHR9 and is currently using your modded drivers, the ones you recomend as the last classical" Intel RST AHCI/RAID drivers = v11.2.0.1006.

Is there any reason to believe that later drivers could increase performance?
I just upgraded to a SSD and thought that as SSD technology has matured quite a bit the last couple of years so has the Intel drivers maybe?
I am aware that the best answer is to test myself but I thought I would ask you as an expert first.

Thanks again!

Update
BTW
Maybe you should add tags like ā€œIntel Rapid Storage Technologyā€ and the error message that comes when users with older unsupported hardware try to install the latest IRST and fail?
In this way people who google the issue might get redirected to this site easier. I know for a fact that finding this site wasnā€™t easy and Iā€™ve been having this issue for years and reseached it loads of times without any result.
I donā€™t know maybe just some tags that make it easier to find this jewel og knowledge.

@ ust:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum and thanks for your contribution!

Since each hardware configuration is different, I cannot give you a clear answer for your system.
When your Intel SATA Controller has been set to "RAID", you will probably not find any RST driver version, which will give you a better performance than the v11.2.0.1006, but this may not be valid, if you are running your SSD in AHCI mode. You should test it yourself.

Regards
Fernando

Thank you bro.
Iā€™m running AHCI so I guess Iā€™ll try it out.

Furthermore;
You write that one should be carefull when upgrading and especially downgrading IRST drivers - is this in general and apply to my case as well?
My current method is to uninstall the drivers from add/remove programs, reboot, manually removing any leftover Intel folders " etc and then install new ones.
I usually just install with the exectuable file instead of manual installation from ā€œDevice Managerā€

Problematic is the "downgrade" from an Intel RST(e) driver v11.5 or higher (using the additional SCSI Filter driver named iaStorF.sys) to any "classical" RST driver (latest version: 11.2.0.1006). For details please read the chapter "Switching from Intel RST to RST(e) drivers and vice versa" within the start post of >this< thread.
The driver installation method (using the installer or doing it manually) doesnā€™t matter regarding the remaining iaStorF.sys residues within the registry after a downgrade from an iaStorA.sys driver to an iaStor.sys one.

I need your help to install WINXP due to a software designed only for WINXP, on a new DELL INSPIRON 5737, i7,1TB HDD, 17.3ā€™ā€™ HD Display,8GB RAM. The BIOS has only AHCI option under SATA CONTROLLER. I have changed boot order in LEGACY BOOT to CD/DVD-RW Drive. i used the nlite to add ā€˜Universal 32bit Intel RST AHCI & RAID driver v11.2.0.1006 mod by Fernandoā€™ to the XP CD and still get BSOD . this is the driver ( Intel(R) 8 Series SATA AHCI Controller - 9C03 )

@ sneezerza:
Welcome at Wn-RAID Forum!

Another option would be to install the "Windows XP mode" as virtual XP (look >here<).

Questions:

1. Are you sure about the DeviceID of your Intel ATA AHCI Controller?
  2. Which of the listed Intel SATA Controllers did you highlight, when you integrated the textmode driver with nLite?
  3. Have you used an original (=untouched) XP CD as source?

Regards
Fernando

1.The DeviceID is 'PCI/VEN_8086&DEV_9C03&SUBSYS_05EE1028&REV_04ā€™
2. Intel(R) 8 Series Chipset Family Mobile SATA AHCI Controller DEV_9C03 (added by Fernando)
3.Not sure if touched or not, downloaded it (winxp sp2)

@ sneezerza:
Thanks for the quick answers.

Ok, this should work.

You should use an original XP CD as source. There should be no file named WINNT.SIF within the i386 directory.

@Fernando thanks but i don`t have original xp cd or where to get Original to download.

If you want (or have) to use Windows XP, you should buy it.
Then you (hopefully) will get an original XP CD.

Hello Fernando,
Iā€™m trying to install XP on an Intel NUC (54250) with the 9c03 controller but no matter what I do I get a BSOD 07B when the drivers have loaded.
Iā€™ve integrated your driver using nlite and can see it loading.
Iā€™ve tried an XP Ent. sp3, an older XP (sp2 I think) and even Tinyxp but I get the same results each time. Is there something special about the NUC?

Many thanks!
/Magnus

@ mrsuspend:
Hello Markus,
welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

This shows, that one of the integrated drivers was wrong.
Very important: Have you used an untouched (original) or an already previously modified XP image as souirce?

Since I donā€™t have any own experience with NUC systems, I cannot answer this question.

Regards
Fernando