Modded Intel AHCI and RAID Drivers (digitally signed)

This is what I recommend to do:

1. Run CMD as Administrator (you find it in the popup menu after doing a right klick into the left bottom angle of the Desktop).
  2. Just enter the words "WinSAT diskformal" and hit the Enter key.

After having done that, run the Win8.1 "Optimizer". Now your RAIDed HDDs should be detected as HDDs,

I tried what you suggested, but it doesn’t work, I cant defrag the drives as it says its ssd and optimization not available, it doesn’t make sense as the secondary hdd is reconized, its just the raid 0 …it windows thinks its an ssd with any v13 driver modded or not modded, is there any registry tweak I can adjust ?, everything else is ok, superfetch, prefetch still enabled, irst software still see’s them as hdds, 3rd party defrag programs think there ssds too.

@ boe323:
Thanks for your report.
I don’t know the reason why you are not able to use the Win8.1 “Optimizer” with your RAIDed HDDs, but this is not a big problem, because there are alterative free defrag tools like
a) Piriform Defragler (>LINK<) or
b) Auslogics Disk Defrag Free (>LINK<), which should work.

I can use defrag from the command prompt as long as I specify C: very weird, maybe I need to delete the raid array and reinstall? could be the raid 0 was created long time ago on v11 orom?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
CrystalDiskMark 3.0.3 x64 (C) 2007-2013 hiyohiyo
Crystal Dew World : http://crystalmark.info/
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
* MB/s = 1,000,000 byte/s [SATA/300 = 300,000,000 byte/s]

Sequential Read : 702.288 MB/s
Sequential Write : 622.608 MB/s
Random Read 512KB : 621.223 MB/s
Random Write 512KB : 155.796 MB/s
Random Read 4KB (QD=1) : 8.169 MB/s [ 1994.3 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=1) : 6.124 MB/s [ 1495.1 IOPS]
Random Read 4KB (QD=32) : 6.620 MB/s [ 1616.2 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=32) : 6.885 MB/s [ 1680.8 IOPS]

Test : 50 MB [C: 24.4% (454.0/1862.5 GB)] (x5)
Date : 2014/07/03 15:29:06

is this bad ? im sure my write speed was in the 800 before, I cant remember now

@ boe323:
Why didn’t you post a screenshot by using the "Attach file" option of the Forum?

It depends on the SSD (vendor/sort) and the connected SATA Controller.

You should always take a screenshot of the results. This is the easiest way to compare different driver versions regarding their performance.

By the way: The CrystalDiskMark test is not the best, if you want to compare the performance of an SSD. Much better are the AS_SSD benchmark tool and Anvil’s Storage Utilities.

It depends on the SSD (vendor/sort) and the connected SATA Controller.

You should always take a screenshot of the results. This is the easiest way to compare different driver versions regarding their performance.

By the way: The CrystalDiskMark test is not the best, if you want to compare the performance of an SSD. Much better are the AS_SSD benchmark tool and Anvil’s Storage Utilities.

Its 2 HDDS in raid 0, as you know my OS thinks its a SSD lol, so daft

Ahhhh, I didn’t know, that your benchmark results were taken from the RAIDed HDDs.

@ all users of my modded drivers:

Update of the Start Post:
Changelog:

• new: modded 32/64bit Intel RST(e) drivers v12.9.4.1000 dated 04/24/2014 (with enhanced support from ICH7R/M up to 9-Series Chipset AHCI/RAID systems)
  • new: original 32/64bit "Universal Intel RST Software v12.9.4.1000"
  • new: modded 32/64bit Intel RST(e) drivers v13.0.4.1000 dated 05/06/2014 (with enhanced support from ICH7R/M up to 9-Series Chipset AHCI/RAID systems)

Good luck with these freshly customized Intel AHCI/RAID drivers!
Fernando

Hello Fernando,
I want to get W2kPro to work on new Laptop ASUS R752LD, it has i7, 8GB Ram, Geforce GT720M, only AHCI in Bios, W8.1 and shows there VEN_8086_DEV_9C03&SUBSYS_15AD1043&REV_04\3&11583659&1&FA for Intel 8 Series Chipset AHCI. The long string after 9C03 is confusing for me. I tried it with slipstreamed DVD from blackwingcat (he has exkernel and (modded?) 8.9.0.1023 iastor.sys). I also tried with iastor 7.6 and with original german source, same result: My problem is txtmode setup, it freezes without BSOD with "Setup startet Windows 2000" before showing the harddisk. Can you give advice?

@ Joe1962:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

It is not a good idea to install such old OS onto a brandnew laptop with an Intel 8-Series chipset.

If you want to get a small sized Windows OS installed, you should try it with Windows XP according to >this< guide.

Regards
Fernando

Thank you for answer. I will try this too. Could you nevertheless explain the complicated PVI\VEN string to me for understanding? I don’t want to give up too soon with w2k. Which driver do you recommend for XP?

I don’t know what you mean. Do you mean the VendorID and DeviceID?

The "Universal 32bit Intel RST AHCI & RAID driver mod by Fernando", because it supports Windows XP and your chipset.

I mean the strings after ven and device: VEN_8086_DEV_9C03&SUBSYS_15AD1043&REV_04\3&11583659&1&FA . These I don’t understand and I did not see them in any inf.file from Intel. Mostly I saw &CC_106 when trying to integrate in w2k.

Yes, the .inf files of the Intel RST drivers usually do not contain special device details (SUBSYS-IDs and Revision numbers), but the related devices (Intel SATA AHCI or RAID Controllers) are supported by them nevertheless.

The HardwareID suffix "&CC_106" means, that only Controllers are supported, which are running in AHCI mode (the suffix for RAID mode is "&CC_104").

Thank you for your explanation. I tried nlite wXP with RST 11.2 Intel drivers. It worked with brand new laptop! No freeze, no BSOD. Now I want to try with w2k. Should I only use iastor.sys form 11.2 driver and ahci.inf from 8.9 or should I try full 11.2?
Greetings from austria and thanks again!!

Hello,

When I installed Win7 on this system, I used the latest (13.1.0.1058) modded RST(e) drivers. Everything has been running perfectly for about a month or so. After reading the forum for a while, I’ve noticed the earlier RST drivers are actually recommended over the ones I’m currently running. Is there any advantage to downgrading the drivers to the simpler latest RST version (or whatever version is recommended for my motherboard)? I have a Plextor SATA DVD writer on the same Intel controller as the Samsung 840 Pro.

Thank you,
ClintE

@ ClintE:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

As long as your system is running flawlessly, I would not change the Intel RST/RST(e) driver version.
If you ever should get a stability problem, I recommend to "downgrade" either to the modded Intel RST(e) driver v12.9.4.1000 or to the RST driver v11.2.0.1006 WHQL.

Regards
Fernando

Thanks for the prompt reply, and keep up the great work!

Changelog:

• new: modded 32/64bit Intel RST(e) drivers v13.2.0.1016 dated 06/25/2014 (with enhanced support from ICH7R/M up to 9-Series Chipset AHCI/RAID systems)

Fernando

Changelog:

• new: modded 32/64bit Intel RST(e) drivers v12.8.13.1000 dated 04/07/2014 (with enhanced support from ICH7R/M up to 9-Series Chipset AHCI/RAID systems)
  • new: original 32/64bit "Universal Intel RST Software v12.8.13.1000"

Fernando