Modded Intel AHCI and RAID Drivers (digitally signed)

Hello! please help. I have 5 years working 2003 server, the old motherboard is dying. The new system is assembled on the asus h97-pro, wheels in good condition in raid1. how to integrate drivers without reinstalling the system. and what are the drivers in this case will fit.

@ serg34serg:
Welcome at WinRAID Forum!

Everything depends on the Southbridge of the old (dying) mainboard. If it should be Intel ICH8R or higher, the RAID1 array will be detected by the new H97 system (pre-condition: You have set the Intel SATA Controller to "RAID" within the BIOS). After having booted successfully into the OS Windows Server 2003, you can install any Intel RST(e) driver v12.x.x.xxxx or v13.x.x.xxxx.

Regards
Fernando

The problem is that windows 2003 is mounted on one HDD, not in the array. when moving the system to a new motherboard, I integrated SATA driver using "TeraByte OS Deployment Tool Suite". what modifications your driver should I use? Thanks in advance.

That doesn’t matter as long as the Intel SATA port, where the system drive is connected, was running in RAID mode in the old system and will do in the future system.

Which SATA driver did you integrate and which Intel SATA Controller did you choose for being supported?

Since I don’t have any knowledge about the use of the "TeraByte OS Deployment Tool Suite", I cannot answer this question. AFAIK you should be able to integrate any Intel RST driver, because all of them do support the "Intel(R) Desktop/Workstation/Server Express Chipset SATA RAID Controller" (DEV_2822), unless you are going to do a fresh OS installation. In the latter case you will need an Intel RST driver with a TXTSETUP.OEM file within the driver folder (latest version: v11.2.0.1006).

@ all users of my modded drivers:

Update of the Start Post:
Changelog:

• refreshed: “Universal 32/64bit Intel RST AHCI & RAID drivers v11.2.0.1006 mod by Fernando” originally dated 05/30/2012 and re-customized by me at 08/17/2014 (now with additional support of all Intel C600+/C220+ Series Chipsets)
  • refreshed: “Universal Intel RST Drivers & Software Set v11.2.0.1006 mod by Fernando” originally dated 06/13/2012 and re-customized by me at 08/17/2014 (now with additional support of all Intel C600+/C220+ Series Chipsets)

Thanks to our Forum member pang, who had already successfully tested the refreshed 32bit driver version (look >here<).

Good luck with these freshly customized Intel AHCI/RAID drivers!
Fernando

Will you be modding the the latest rst set ? I would like to try them on my system to see if it will recognize my hdds instead of reporting ssds

Yes, if there should be a demand by some users.

Which OS are you running and which Intel SATA Controller is listed within the Device Manager?

OS windows 8.1 …x79 chipset c600 running raid0 , intel(R) Desktop/Workstation/server express chipset SATA RAID Controller.13.2.4.1000 OROM is 13.2 something, the latest one. Is it possible that the trim support is triggering ssd ?, I guess intel expects users to be on ssds these days lol, but it seems im the only one with this issue, my os or my array must be damaged somehow, or it could be that the array was made on orom 11.2, what do you think?

Your Intel RAID Controller is supported by the original Intel RST(e) drivers v13.2.4.1000 WHQL. Why to you want to install a modded driver version?

I don’t understand what you mean.
As far as I understood from previous posts there is a RAID0 array of 2 HDDs within your system, but Windows detects the RAID members as SSDs and not as HDDs. Is this correct? If yes, I suspect either a bug of the OS or a mistake while creating the RAID array.

What about backup your data, breaking the current RAID0 array and creating a new RAID0 array using the Intel RAID ROM v12.9.0.2006? After having done that I recommend to install the Intel RST(e) driver v12.9.4.1000 WHQL, which probably is a better choice for your X79 RAID system.

No worries, I had 12.9 installed but seems a little slow, this latest one as good balance between read and write, I guess its safe to leave it, only problem I get sometimes is after long periods of idle it takes a while to show right click menu when I click on something, all in all I can live with that. Just thinking that a modded version might of worked properly, oh well.

Regarding the function there is no difference between a modded and an original driver. The modification concerns just to the information file, which manages the installation of the driver.

Hi all,
I’ve a Lenovo Thinkpad W701 and found your very interesting reports on how to update the OROM to allow trim also on older intel chipsets.
But I’m a little bit despairing, because It’s not working to mod my BIOS or to extract the modules.
I’ve found already sites how to extract the compressed lenovo bios-files. But neither the described work with an AMI-BIOS nor with a Phoenix-Bios allows me to extract the bios-file into it’s modules.

Can somebody help me, who’s already experience with that?!?!

My Computer: Lenovo Thinkpad W701
The Intel-OROM-Version: 9.5.0.1037

@ ZPW701:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

TRIM is generally working with older Intel chipsets as long as the SSD(s) is/are running in AHCI mode. Furthermore the Intel SATA AHCI Controller does neither need nor use an Intel RAID ROM module, which is within the mainboard BIOS.
So my question is: Do you have a RAID0 array with 2 or more SSDs as members within your Lenovo system? Only if yes you will benefit from an insertion of a TRIM modded Intel RAID ROM into the mainboard BIOS.

If you want help, you should give us the link to the latest BIOS for your Lenovo Thinkpad.

Regards
Fernando

Hi Fernando,
first thanks a lot for your quick answer!

To answer your question: Yes I’ve two SSDs as a RAID0, which works in principle, but doesn’t allow the trim (for which I now knew the reason).
To allow this, I found your very interesting site.

The latest BIOS comes from here:
http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/…es/6kuj12uc.iso (ISO)
http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/…es/6kuj12us.exe (flash for windows-systems)

The bios itself is in the sub-folder 6KET60WW and it’s name is $01C0000.FL1.
I already find out, that this is a compressed format. You need the program e_bcpvpw.exe to extract it into a normal BIOS File.
You can find this extraction tool here: http://thinkwiki.de/BIOS together with an instruction.

I also tried to find the sequence “Intel(R) RAID” inside this BIOS-File, but with no success. Maybe it’s also compressed inside this file?
I searched many hours to find a solution - but with no success.

So my last hope is, that s.b. here inside the forum may have some experience with the Lenovo-BIOS-Format (which seems to be a Phoenix, but the description here didn’t work).

Thanks a lot for any help !!!

Is it possible, that you upload or attach the already expanded (uncompressed) BIOS file?
That would it make much easier for Forum members, who want to help you.

Hi Fernando,
I’ll try to attach the expanded BIOS-File here.

Hi Fernando,
next try to upload the zipped bios-file. Hope it works this way…

BIOS.zip (1.59 MB)

Yes, I got the BIOS now.
It is a Phoenix BIOS, but cannot be opened by the tool CBROM32_198.
Nevertheless I was able to extract the Intel RAID ROM module v9.5.0.1037 by using Andy’s Phoenixtool, but I do not know how to replace the module by another (modded) version.
By the way; The name of the Intel RAID ROM within the BIOS is "OPROM06.ROM.

Hi Fernando,
thanks a lot for this first information!
I will continue to try to find a solution and if I have one, then report here.

But maybe even someone further has ongoing ideas on how to put the modified file back into the BIOS file?

But thanks a lot for this first result.

Hi Fernando,
maybe I found a solution to change modules inside my BIOS (I test it at the moment). But this method requires the same size of the original and the modified module.

Therefore I have another question, you may have an answer:
The extracted module OPROM06.rom from my BIOS has a size of 79,872 Bytes.
But the modified Intel-OROM from AHCI & RAID ROM Modules has a size of 84,992 Bytes.

Do you have an idea, why the size of the module differs, which I didn’t expect, because it has the same version an should therefore has the same size.

Thanks in advance,
Klaus