Modded "new" Bios with "old" 11.2. OROM -> cannot verify OROM

Hi guys,

i modded my Bios several times successfully with UBU.
Today I took the latest Bios for my Asus Maximus 6 Formula and changed the Intel OROM for the old 11.2 Version, because I am going to reinstall my OS and i want to give the old 11.2 a try again.

UBU reports that the Orom is 11.2 after the update, and the EFI Sata driver is unchanged.
When i flashed the bios, i noticed that i cant access the classic CTRL+I Raid config anymore, i can only change my RAID settings from within the UEFI, see the screenshot.

Is this behavior normal with this driver Version?
Is there any other way to verify the OROM version?
with the 11.2 Driver, i can combine any other EFI driver using UBU, what can you recommend me to do?

thanks in advance!
best regards, Dominik

IMG_20160517_185217.jpg

@domi1711 :
If you want to verify the LEGACY mode Intel RAID ROM module version of your mainboard BIOS, you have to change the BIOS settings within the “BOOT” section from UEFI to LEGACY mode.
After having saved these changes (incl. “Force Legacy Option ROM messages”), you will be able to get access to the LEGACY mode Intel RAID Utility by hitting CTRL+I while (re)booting.
Question:
According your screenshot of the EFI mode Intel RAID Utility you haven’t created a RAID array. Why not resp. what is your intention regarding the RAID mode?

Hi Fernando,

i tried that, I cannot access the Legacy mode with old OROM…no chance.

I actually have an active RAID, but my lack of photography skills made the attached pic look like there was no Volume.
If you watch closely, you can see the white letters in the light grey background.

This is exactly what I got with my ASRock Z97 mainboard.
I was able to update the stock Intel RAID ROM v13.0.0.2075, but not to downgrade it. After having reported this issue to the ASRock Technical Support I got the answer, that older Intel RAID ROM modules are not supported by the mainboard BIOS - any try to downgrade the version will be blocked by the BIOS.
By the way: I have asked SoniX to find out the procedure how ASRock blocked the downgrade of certain modules, but I haven’t yet gotten an answer.

Thank you for your detailed explanation!
In this case, I will only be able to test OROMS from 12.0 (oldest original Asus Bios) upwards.