Modding Dell UEFI BIOS - Possible?

Hi,

Does anyone know if its possible to modify modern UEFI based Dell BIOS images? More specifically BIOS .exe downloads from Dell’s support website? I’m not quite sure if the UEFI format/platform is encrypted or the original has to be signed by Dell themselves, preventing any modifications to be made to the raw code.

Thanks.

Some… if possible, then the most risky part is the flash itself on OEM brand machines. The user must be aware of a possible failed operation and system break. Post or edit ur request with bios dump/original bios file.
A better solution reducing percentage of risks envolve is the use of the Intel FPT tool, providing an original dump of the current machine SPI data, with access to Bios regions/FD/Me, for INTEL based systems, not AMD.

Thanks for the reply MeatWar.

I’m not too fussed about ‘bricking’ the laptop if the BIOS flash goes wrong, as its kind of useless in its current state (as a prompt appears constantly when the laptop is started asking for a Service Tag).

I’ve got the original BIOS dump, its 16MB in size though and the forum’s upload limit is set to ~6MB.

Would the Intel FPT Tool be of any use in this situation then?

Thanks