Modifying BIOS to add USB 3.0 xHCI Hand-Off option for Intel 100 and 200 Series (SkyLake, Kaby Lake)

This seems to be the right forum. Fernando has mentioned this option is missing in our BIOS. Are there any hard core BIOS modders here? I’m curious if anyone knows or can add back the “xHCI Hand-Off” option for the Intel(R) USB 3.0 controller? It appears to be intentionally missing or removed by Intel and I’m wondering if anyone here knows if it is possible or can help me add this option back into the BIOS so that Windows 7 and older OSs can use the USB 3.0 ports natively. Without this feature it appears all USB bootable devices no longer work on Intel USB 3.0 ports and I don’t think any USB driver I create for slipstream will work.

Thank you.

Hey

I’ve got the same problem. Did you ever find a solution?

Thanks in advance

Probably just hidden in BIOS, but remains. Link me to BIOS and I will see, to the both of you @XPLives @Iraija

First of all, I’d like to thank you for your help until now. Somehow, after a week of trying, I was able to install High Sierra. I still wasn’t able to find the hand-off, but apparently it wasn’t necessary, or already enabled, because it finally worked. Still, thanks for all of the help you offered!
-Iraija

@Iraija - You’re welcom, and glad to hear you got it installed finally!
Yes, I think I replied to you about this on another thread, and checked your BIOS and the setting (hidden) was already set to enabled by default which was what you wanted, so must have been something else holding you back until now

You can take a peek here.
http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/BIOS…i7(7.10)ROM.zip
I’m pretty sure when I asked it was regarding the Fernando shared motherboard.