MSI B450-A Pro High Power Consumption when Idle

Hi!

I’ve got a question about an MSI B450-A Pro Motherboard (not the Max version!):
Power consumption is pretty high when idle, about 60 Watts measured at the wall with the following components:

Windows 11
Be quiet! Pure Power 11 400W
Ryzen 2600
MSI B450-A Pro
16 GB DDR4 (2*8 GB) 2666MHz
GeForce 1050 Ti
1 SATA SSD
1 3.5 HDD
1 Monitor connected, WQHD, 60 Hz

Overall Gigabyte Motherboards seem way more efficient and according to the following forum post, high consumption even got worse with firmware upgrades:

Blockquote
Hello,
What is the bios version?
Because you have a Rz-2600, do not load a more recent bios version than V1.40. V1.60+ versions are designed and “optimized” only for Rz-3000; worst, some are buggy for older CPUs.

Source: MSI Forum on High Package Power on Idle

My question now is: How does UEFI affect idle consumption and what can I do to make the board more efficient by modding the UEFI?

What are you asking here… UEFI/ACPI specification or the UEFI settings in your bios?
AMD motherboards have a lot of power customization/OC for AM4/5 platforms bios, to work with increased/low TDP power deliverance, are we assuming this question is using default bios settings or personalized… with a 65w cpu on the system, not taking in account the rest of the build/periphericals.

Running mostly default settings, only energy consumption reducing options are enabled:
PBO = off
ErP = on
only exception is XMP = on, but DRAM Voltage is reduced to 1.2 Volts

So I’m asking what causes the high consumption, I don’t think it’s a result of my settings. Seems to be some MSI specific UEFI software thing.

I often read about high Idle usage by MSI motherboards, at least on AMD platforms.

Fine tunning it, nothing more to add on mod an AM4 platform bios and no USB BFB feature/Dual Bios.
You have a 6 core cpu on desktop platform, you really shouldn’t expect any great reduction % of power consuming values on it or near a laptop with iGPU values, using bios settings/windows p.manegment options, i don’t see any miracles here…
Anyway, my POV only wait for other users.