MSI MEG Z390 ACE bios -

Hi guys,

@Lost_N_BIOS and @davidm71 I apologize for the delay as stupid life happened and then I was having health issues. The bios which was able to be flashed was the one included by David in had to be renamed for the MSI easy flash to recognize it. Is there a way for me to export my exiting bios? I do have the AFU rom, but I am unsure if the mod bios is the post mod. I will included the original bios and mod bios, a crc hash should reveal that quickly. i also have the afurom file as well. i o longer can access the original post by David to recreate and test, but will if David can post his package again.

Thank you.

J

I think this is post mod

https://www.mediafire.com/file/abrrlz1gs…B12IMS.150/file

here is the AFU rom

https://www.mediafire.com/file/natmq4gjd…afuwin.rom/file

and here is the original

http://download.msi.com/bos_exe/mb/7B12v15.zip

Post what package? Check post #13.

Hi there,

I hope you are well. I did upload that modded bios for the MSI Z390 meg ace, it was because of my health. I do apologize for that but I am going to update the bios again on my end with latest modules and microcodes. I wanted to ask about incorporating the latest MEI based firmware (plus its components to the image before flashing), is that possible. I also was reviewing the Intel Spec for Z300 series bards and saw that they incorporated NXP (freescale?) components as well. I am go all out but I wanted to just run these aspects by you for feedback and also to request assistance.

I will post this to the thread as well. I, again, would like to try and help others so I have no issue being the guinea pig.

Thanks again,

J

@davidm71 weird, last time that gave me a 404.

I am going to update modules again and I was curious if you had any thoughts on my recent reply to @Lost_N_BIOS

@davidm71 @Lost_N_BIOS Hey guys, I ran into some incompatibilities with the previous modded bios resulting from the raid modules that were installed. I have updated the bios as much as I can but am unsure of how to update the microcodes. I was hoping you could assist me again in that area and if there are any other modules. I would be glad to flash and test as needed as the last iteration worked and want to push onward for science :slight_smile:

I have the bios modded as much as I can posted here:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApDmwoqiiLYCgSDDogJsrDnrm2MK

Thank you in advance

J

@johnathonm - #25 - this is all very confusing! What is the BIOS at post #25, and what do you want done to that BIOS? Is it already, as it is now, tested and confirmed working?
If that BIOS, at post #25 is not tested, then I would not use it. Please make a list, be exact, what do you want done? I will use stock BIOS, if you are flashing via M-Flash, and make you new BIOS.

@johnathonm What kind of incompatibilities? System not liking a particular RAID rom efi version??

It actually would blue screen with many of the Intel RST Driver packages (storport.sys bsods) that required a roll back. I don’t exact sets but I know that it was tough to get a set working

I am going to recreate a fresh set of modded drivers to with the details test over the next 30 minutes.

@davidm71 @Lost_N_BIOS

Also, to both of you, I apologize if am not as clear as usual. I had to start some heavy pain meds so I may always communicate as clearly as I would like or as I think I am.

I thank you for your patience.

Hello @Davidm71 and @Lost_N_Bios - I appreciate your patience with me. I know it wasn’t clear and I hope this makes more sense as I documented step by step everything or knew how to do in this process on a clean, freshly downloaded stock bios for the MSI Meg Z390 Ace.

It’s a long document but it’s very much a skim piece. I know you had asked for me to explain and I did it a harder way than probably needed, there may be irrelevant information but I am not sure what is or isn’t truly relevant to experts like yourselves. I also do not know if there any modules I should have or could have added, but I did update what I could knew of or how as mirrored on Fernando’s site. The details of everything are contained within the document.

I hope this is clearer and maybe this document can serve as a template (with some editing) that future users can add information relevant to you all in the future.

The current modded bios along with each step documenting everything I did, versions etc: http://www.mediafire.com/file/vzuo6yr309…_Steps.zip/file

I hope this is better and I appreciate your patience with me. I do not know if there are modules I can or could add beyond what I was able to identify, but this the culmination of what I have done.

Thanks again.

-J

Hey @davidm71 @lost_n_bios - I just flashed the modded bios using the built in M-Flash utility. Nothing caught on fire which is a miracle.

:slight_smile:

So is there anything else I can do with the mod or is that it?

So you flashed your mod BIOS, and all is OK, great! Sorry, I’m not sure what you need further since you’ve already done the mod yourself and flashed it now

I checked your BIOS, and you are lucky it didn’t brick your system, padding file is removed above both microcode volumes, often this means instant brick, so you got lucky

orom vBIOS (Legacy vBIOS) can be updated still, if you wanted. This is used if you are not using onboard graphics and UEFI/Secure boot
Here is thread on how to do that, you’ll have to look through last ten or so pages and try to find the most up to date package of BSF/Dat files to use (Don’t use anything on page one)
[Guide] Transfer of specific Intel VBIOS settings by using Intels BMP tool

I only mentioned this since you commented in your steps file that you wasn’t sure about that. I did not check anything else, only what I mentioned above about the microcode volumes.