msi z270-a pro only works with two ram memories

Thanks to everyone, it seems that it is impossible to work with the 4 ram modules, it is not like my old asus b250f that worked with any ram module. You can close the subject. I thank again all the people who helped me.

Best regards.

@Virus - It’s not the board/model can’t use 4 modules, it’s your actual board has a problem, OR this memory cannot work together at 4 modules.
If you used these same exact 4 modules on your B250F and it worked there without issue, then there is a problem with this board, or the CPU socket as I mentioned, or you just need to adjust the voltages, timings, speed as we’ve discussed.
Did you get the thermal paste out of the socket and clean those pins with alc so they can make contact again?

Hello, sorry for the delay. I am thinking of buying an i3-9100F, will it be better than the processor I currently have an i7-7700 ?? And it goes to the motherboard theme because I would modding it with the Easy automated Mod tool for Coffee Lake bios. I know that an i3-10100 beats my i7-7700 but it is not within my capabilities because I have no money to buy the processor and the new motherboard. But it is enough for me to buy an i3-9100f. On the cpu comparisons page UserBenchmark shows the i3 better than my i7 but I wanted to ask you guys since I don’t trust those comparisons pages very much.
Thank you very much in advance.
Best regards.

Hello, I disassembled the pc and cleaned the cpu socket of the motherboard, then I assembled the pc but it still doesn’t work with the 4 ram modules, it only works with two. It will be some restriction on the part of msi because, as I commented before, in my old motherboard b250f I ran with all different modules. Or maybe this msi board that I bought second hand came bad, I don’t know. I await your suggestions.
Best regards.

@Cirus - Sorry, not sure on the CPU comparison, you’ll have to google around and see i7-7700 vs i3-9100F, there is many places that actually compare CPU like that plus you should find user discussions comparing too.
And there is this on a basic CPU Spec level - http://www.cpu-world.com/Compare/491/Int…i7_i7-7700.html

I would say no in general, but depends on what you want and what you do etc.
Probably best to asave that money and get 1200 board/CPU once you can, if you want to upgrade, maybe by time second round of 1200 CPU’s come out you’ll have enough $$ and prices will come down on round 1 CPU’s, maybe then you can get 10400

Both AIO Coffee mod tools can break BIOS, so it’s not always that simple.

Old/other board has nothing to do with this board. Let me see your CPU socket now. Have you tried adjusting the things I mentioned to try and make the memory work together?
Yes, it’s possible the board is damaged, you can’t be sure unless you get matching 4 sticks of memory and or adjust voltages as I mentioned and try again.

I tried everything already, but well, this particular board only works with two ram modules. Well, thank you all very much.
Best regards.

Hi, I removed the msi motherboard, now I’m with an asrock, I took new pictures of the msi board with the problem of the initial post.
If you need to see other photos of the motherboard or more photos of the cpu socket I will gladly take more photos.
I look forward to your help.
Best regards.

At least the top one is not in place, below its STILL not clean…and cannot tel if there is damage

socket.jpg

@Virus - Please put images in max compressed zip/rar and I will check too if you want, but as pointed out above if there is now also bent pins those can easily cause this issue (aside from the past we pointed out previously)
Upload archive to any free file host, thanks

https://app.box.com/s/gcsq3gldohtmgksdok9rei60jtrk6h7p

Thanks.

@Virus - As mentioned by @MeatWar , there is bent pins in this socket, and I see MANY more than just the ones he pointed out.
These are not very good socket images, too many at straight on angles and too many tried to zoom in too close, So it’s hard to tell for sure just how many are bent, but this would be the cause of all the issues you mentioned
I would guess at least 10-12 total bent pins, maybe few more than that, some may be missing tips I can’t tell for sure. These can be fixed, with steady hand and metal tipped pencil barrel, but you have to know what you’re doing, this does not apply to any with missing tips, only bent ones

Here for example is 7-9 bent pins in a single image easily visible

Image1.jpg

Another two, showing same as above + few more + One that Meatwar circled

Image2.jpg

Image2a.jpg

Terribly obvious here in this terrible image

Image3.jpg

Hello, I installed again my old asus motherboard that was incorrectly flashed but I wanted to ask you if the CrashFree BIOS 3 utility can solve the problem of having badly flashed my asus b250f. The pc turns on the fans and has the orange light of Stanby always on, the rgb of the mouse and keyboard do not turn on. I have inserted a usb with the renowned bios for the recovery utility of asus to take but nothing, only the black screen without signal from my tv that I use as a monitor. Thank you very much in advance. Best regards.

Now I am with the asrock and it does not work with two ram only with one, this is karma!

Well looks like u have a full hand of it… lots a time to spend…likes experiences… dont care for damage…or too many second hand faulty buyouts, humm

Usually CrashFree Bios will come up upon bad flash but complete or operation interruption…but sometimes the corruption or mod is so bad that doesn’t trigger it.
U can try a hard reset, cmos clear, rtc battery off, short CMOS battery placeholder…a miracle can happen and trigger it.
And whenever the system is cut off from power its even harder to recover, ur model (assuming its the ROG STRIX B250F GAMING) doesn’t have BiosFlashBack, so a CHA programmer is always ur savior.
The POST LEDS will stay on if error is occurred, ram, cpu, vga or boot device. The bottom Standby Led is always on in running system.

Now regarding ur Asrock… procedure is almost common to motherboards, hw failure (Ex: Memory Controller) or damage socket as ur MSI, assuming that ram sticks r OK and cleaned contacts (Stick and slot) off course.

Yeah, I’m practicing for later work as a computer repairman.