E7866IMS.rar (5.7 MB)

Enjoy

Cheers
Hans

Edit by Fernando: Set the prefix “[Offer]” in front of the title

1 Like

:pray::pray:

Hello Hans,

Well, I tried it out on my lunch break and with the pcie card installed it doesn’t boot. However, your modded bios does boot fine by itself. Maybe it is the nvme/pci card itself that is causing problems.

For reference, I am using the below:

SYBA U.2 PCIe adapter
Intel U.2 P4610 1.6tb
Placing the card in the PCIe slot closest to the CPU, with no other PCIe slots being used.

Thanks again for modding the bios for me. :slight_smile:

@jakeshake

Have you tried your hardware in another system(ie friends and/or tech store) to validate it?

That will narrow down the problem.

Also at page 3-13 of your manual:

Boot Mode Select [LEGACY+UEFI]
Sets the system boot mode from legacy or UEFI architecture depending on OS
installation requirement.
[UEFI] Enables UEFI BIOS boot mode support only.
[LEGACY+UEFI] Enables both Legacy BIOS boot mode and UEFI BIOS boot
mode.

You must set the boot mode to [UEFI].

Cheers
Hans

Thank you for the heads-up, Hans. I did test the pci adapter with the U.2 drive in a socket 1150 Supermicro board and it recognizes it and can access it just fine. Now for the bios only in UEFI mode, that I did not try. I will try that after work and report back. Thank you, again!! :pray::pray:

Sadly in pure UEFI mode it still would not post. While I am sure the headers for U.2 are different from m.2, my hope was that the bios mod would still accommodate the U.2 drive as the technology is a little older than m.2.

I will look for a cheap m.2 drive + adapter and see if that works with the updated bios you provided me. Thanks again. :slight_smile:

@jakeshake

This is not entirely surprising as the U.2 connector is usually found on server and/or workstation motherboards. Given this is a consumer grade mobo you’ll likely have success with a pcie adapter and m.2 connector populated by an m.2 drive.

Cheers
Hans

1 Like

Just installed the PCIe with m.2 and it works. :slight_smile: Thanks again, Hans.

1 Like

As predicted, applying halo polisher. :rofl:
Enjoy your old but ‘new & speedy’ machine. :innocent:

Cheers
Hans

1 Like