[Request] NVMe mod for MSI Z87M Gaming

Hello,

I am not sure if I am misreading it, but it appears there may be issues with modding the MSI Z87M-G45 (Gaming) bios to enable NVMe support? I followed Fernando’s instructions but cannot get it to boot with the NVMe via PCI card installed. Just won’t boot with it in. Otherwise the modded bios boots fine. Here is the original bios; if anyone can get it to work I would be much appreciated. :slight_smile: msi-z87m-g45-gaming-bios

@jakeshake Welcome to the Win-Raid Forum!
Where is your modded BIOS? Your link leads just to the original BIOS.
This is the thread for users, who want to modify their mainboard BIOS themselves according to the Guide (= start post). We are trying to help, but we do not modify any BIOS on request.
If you should not be able or willing to modify the linked BIOS , you should better start a new thread within the “BIOS Modding Requests” section.
Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@jakeshake
you are on the old version bios 1.5 latest from the manufacturers website is v1.9
see here: MSI Global - The Leading Brand in High-end Gaming & Professional Creation | MSI Global - The Leading Brand in High-end Gaming & Professional Creation
gimme 10 min and I’ll post a modded bios for you

1 Like

Hello Fernando,

Thank you for the warm welcome. I was not able to post the modded bios file due to the age of my account, but in retrospect I should’ve posted a link to my modded bios. I see Hancor just pointed out I am using the old bios and he is kind enough to correct that for me with a modded bios. YOu guys are awesome. Thanks again for making this thread. :slight_smile:

Thank you so much, Hancor- I did not realize there was a newer version beyond 1.5 :slight_smile:

Hancor,

I just realized mine is not the G45… that is the ATX version, mine is the micro-ATX version, so just the Z87M Gaming. Sorry for the confusion. Please do not take the time to mod the G45 1.9 version. :frowning:

yes accuracy counts :rofl:

1 Like

Here is the link to my modded MSI Z87M Gaming bios v1.5 (which doesn’t allow me to even boot or get to the bios screen when I have my nvme on a pci card adapter, but boots fine without the pci card nvme installed).

Yes it does! :confused:

@jakeshake
You’ll find the modded file v1.5 files here:

Cheers
Hans

1 Like

You are too kind, Hans! I will test when I get home today and report back to this thread. :slight_smile:

Hello there, if someone is interested to give me some help i have Msi z87m gaming motherboard and it doesnt support my Nvme ssd that im using on second PCI. i really dont know how bios mod works or anything, maybe someone can guide me what to do ?

@noufel

Sure down load the file found in the link, as the mod BIOS is all done for you.

Then follow steps 3 and 4 found here, because the first two are done for you:

Cheers

Hans

Thank you sir, i will try it !!

This post might be old, but since that day i never installed any OS other than Windows, can i install linux, would it work just fine ?