Multiple Problems with my NVIDIA nForce Chipset System

I have multiple questions.
Like a lot of people, i’m having trouble after upgrading to win10 home. Even though my system is older, it meets the required specs for win10. I’ve been on the hamster wheel for 3 months now and really need some help. Very slow booting, random freezing, several BSOD’s. I don’t know how many hours of event log ID and forum web searching, Man!!! But then I found y’all.
First, the BIOS.
Gateway has an update, R01-A2. But from what i understand it only adjust the CPU fan speed, making the system very loud. This model has history of over heating because of no case fans. I have installed 3 case fans, 2 pushing at 5 volts and 1 pulling to the M/B header pin. I found this, https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-gateway-LX-6810. Talking about Acer models that have the same M/B, and modding the BIOS but the links are old and don’t work.
The question, should I update to R01-A2. Can i update to Acer R01-A3? Will it help?

Second, the Drivers.
I’ve read Fernamdo’s 45 page thread about Nvidia nforce chipsets. Very impressive work and appears to have help a lot of people, i hope me as well. It talks about the importance of updating all three raid items; ATA Controller, RAID Controller and RAID Device/s (hdd’s), or the BSOD for you. Which was me, thanks for that “show hidden devices”. After several attempts to run Nvidia’s driver setup utility and BSOD’s and restore point reloads later, I’m here. I have downloaded, Nvidia’s, your “Latest Nforce” and imported the “Win-Raid cert”. What started this was with win10 driver i get multiple event viewer error ID 11 nvraid. I have updated using both drivers. It either works but still get error ID 11 or when manually update RAID Device, browsing to the nvrd64.inf file of sataraid folder says,“no compatible driver found” in sataraid. I’ve done so many ways i’m kinda lost myself.
The question, What does the raid tool do. Do I need to run it and when? What is the sata_ide? Is that part of the raid tool? From what I’ve read, ATA Controller, RAID Controller and RAID Device driver are all the nvrd64.inf file of sataraid folder, is that right? I think I need the correct order of events. I just seem to by on the hamster wheel, restore point and starting over. Thanks to whomever reads all this, your help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT by Fernando: Thread moved from the “Off Topic” Sub-Forum to this better matching one and thread title customized

@Gateway_Headache :
Welcome to the Win-RAUD Forum!
Here is my comment:

1. Your question. which BIOS version is the better choice, can only be answered by a user with a similar mainboard model. Since I don’t have an nForce chipset system anymore, I cannot help you at all.
  2. Nearly all users, who are running Win10 with an nForce RAID array, have stability problems. My tip: If you don’t have the money for a better compatible mainboard/system, replace the nForce RAID array by a good SSD.

Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Thats an old system for loosing so much time as u did…
SSD and a dedicated GPU for u to run Win10? At least…
nForce chipset always were hot…
Bios from Acer, i would only take a chance on that if i had a bios programmer aside.
Gateway was acquired by Acer group but i think they had always kept things apart regarding to bios…i wouldn’t bet on flashing Acer version.
Many drivers from windows 7/8 for nForce work on Windows 10…and ull have to use them, some setups files as compatibility mode others just the *.INF.
Fernando options r his effort to keep things as actual as possible…u should use them, but were talking of old hw chipsets.
U only need raid drivers/tools if ur gonna make RAID configurations with ur disks, if not u need only SATA drivers.

Thank you both for your advice. I was doing something wrong, juggling to much in my head I think. Was able to get the drivers installed for, ATA, RAID and Device. Had to be in that order. I’m still getting the event viewer error ID 11 nvraid but no BSOD so glad about that.
Question…Do I need to run the storage installer too or is the forced manual install of the three drivers Ok?

Tried to install the Ethernet driver from the installer but it keep looping back an wanting to keep installing after the restart.
Question…Can I just do a forced manual install like the RAID drivers?

thanks,
frank

Nothing perfect or miracles here for ur system age as for also the drivers were designed for. Did u expect to run all as smooth as current HW platforms and OS, expect several event viewer events listed, period.
U should be glad not to have BSOD…and yes drivers should be only installed no need for additional software storage utils.
Decompress package drivers and point its location under device manager.
And again do u need to set up RAID array with multiples disks? No need for RAID drivers if only a 500Gb HDD…