My laptop cannot restart after changing SSD

CMD commands reported success but changed nothing :slightly_frowning_face:
Also, I have re-clonned my disk with another software - Macrium - but nothing changed.

Then I have removed CMOS battery. And… new options in BIOS appeared! They weren’t there before. Only I don’t know how to manage them:

Windows refused to use 17.7 version of the drivers, but as I had nothing to loose i have forced-installed them and it worked! The problem is solved! But I would still appreciate the help with the new BIOS settings

Hm, enabling Secure Boot Menu in BIOS recreates this bug (this function was always enabled before). So maybe it’s not the version of AHCI itself, but the fact they were re-installed with Secure Boot Menu Disabled has fixed the problem, i.e. the old version also would help the same way.

for win11 you must using modded system ?
secure boot or tpm is here in native state “must be enabled” and 6th cpu is still unsupported ??

screenshot - tpm setting .,.this verify under windows tpm.msc and here is a visible status whether it
works or not. For 11.8.50 you see identical TPM FW version :thinking: I somehow updated it earlier to 302.12 :sweat_smile:

cmos reset - no need remove battery “30s power button works identical”
edit

also MSI 7TH ,but randomly unofficial updated .,.i think ME FW contains here also TPM fw
but i don’t know anymore :confused: i using lot mods before.

I’ve used a workaround to install Winn 11, but my BIOS is not modded.
Regarding CMOS reset - my motherboard even has special separate button for it, but it is kinda “soft reset”, even the time and date stays. Removing battery is a “hard reset” and as you can see it has opened the new options for me.

Regarding your screenshot - do you recommend to use the same settings? I found very little information about what each of it actually does. Most are security-connected and it doesn’t seem really relevant for my home-use. What about performance? If these options result in lower performance, I’d rather disable them altogether.

soft reset .,.not – EC CHIP RESET !
edit
all this MSI NB contains hidden - 30-45S CMOS RESET via power buton / small button for EC reset 30s or 2x 30s step "for repair power problems / battery / full shutdown cycle "

my screenshot is DEFAULTS from from last FW under WIN10 21H2
you must only determine tpm.msc - here is status “works or not works properly” others is only selection for WIN10+ or WIN7/win8 support

performance - OC tab or OVERCLOCK domain :smiley:

,.,.or advanced menu “key in bios”
F2 + Lalt + Rshift + Rctrl

try this combo in bios – unlock all options “carefully” !!! bad setup - dead notebook forever !!!

Oh, so you say reset via power button and reset via small button are different functions??

And my defaults where different SHA256 PCR Bank was disabled, and Physical Presence Spec version was set to 1.0. I know for sure that the second option is wrong, because even its own description states - 1.0 is for Win8.1/10 and other option - 1.x is for Win10 or newer.

So, what should I do:

1. Leave my own defaults (and maybe change 1.0 to 1.x) and then check with tpm.msc, or
  2. Change to the defaults on your screenshot and then check with tpm.msc?

And thanks for advanced menu combo! I won’t use it for now, but it is always good to know.

setup TPM only when you need TPM :smiley:
if you using bypass for win 11 compatibility ? it does not matter :stuck_out_tongue:

tpm.msc - here is status “works or not” try on you defaults setup
or try my setup ,.,.or try update ME FW “unofficial way” try get similar version for TPM FW like me “more compatible win10+”

but it only depends if you need TPM ? :smiley:

/re buttons
small button - EC RESET “not affect bios configuration”
CMOS - POWER BUTTON 30s-45S “restore fully bios” + running SA training + others “lot reboots”

Thank you! Never thought these buttons have different functions :sweat_smile:

And yes - I don’t really need TPM - I never use ANY programs or cryptographic services related with it. So maybe I will just disable it in BIOS altogether.

P.S. I have to use bypass for Win 11 compatibility in ANY CASE. Because despite actually having TPM Microsoft has declared my processor as incompatible :smiley: