[Need Help] ASUS Z9PR-D12 BIOS Customization

Hello everyone!

I am really happy to find this forum dedicated to my problem, finally! I am looking for a custom bios for a server motherboard - ASUS Z9PR-D12. I ask for a custom bios because this motherboard does not take all graphics cards. It works fine with an NVIDIA Quatro series card, but my NVIDIA Geforce GTX Titan card won’t work.

Let me explain: the card works very well, in the sense that the fan is running, the motherboard supplies it via its PCI express x16 port but it displays nothing. So I dare to imagine that ASUS has installed a barrier in its bios for certain types of card.

That’s why I’m here.
If you can help me that would be really great!

Thanks everyone!

Edit by Fernando: Thread title specified and customized

If the card fan spins but you dont give it an external supply for the titan, then it wont post… (that card needs external pcie power, because the supply from motherboard is not enough). if you already tested the titan on several pcs and it worked, maybe you need to update the motherboard bios to the latest.

@Koekieezz

The bios has already been done. I am on the last update dating from 2018. Yes the fans are running and the card is connected to 2 PCI sockets on the power supply.

The ASUS screen does not appear. Just a " __ __ " blinking for a few seconds and I have a black screen.

Tried the GPU on another pc? or check it on a local store?

Nahh, I think more of an asus software lock since it’s an OEM server motherboard.

EDIT: So no answer? Nobody for a custom bios?

Hello

My first question was not conclusive. I decide to get my hands on things as they say. But the question is: what should I look for in order for my ASUS Z9PR-D12 MB to accept any type of GPU? I see some tutorial that could put me on the track, but all is not clear in my head. Thank you

Z9PR-D12-ASUS-6002.zip (4.15 MB)

@AlexON.ca
Since it doesn’t make much sense to start 2 threads about the same topic, I have merged your recent posts and gave the 2in1-thread a new title.

nobody?