Need Help BIOS Mod T7610 bifurcation and PCIe boot (optional)

hello, it’s not possible for me. I live in France and it’s too complicated between transport and the rest. It seems too difficult.

someone from the forum could help you, maybe …
best regards

@jmarcum - You can do, you just need to purchase CH341A + SOIC8 test clip with cable, dump BIOS, send to Maxpower for edit, then program back once he’s done and send you mod BIOS.

Hi guys, sorry to bring this back from the dead. I wanted to be sure I understood if the bios mod for the T7610 worked correctly.

I need to use the same exact 4x NVME adapter card (P/N: 80G5N) for my T7610 and want to see all 4 NVME drives in windows, but don’t need to boot from them. Did this mod end up working for seeing the 4 drives? As far as I can tell, only 2 of the 8 NVME drives installed across the 2 cards were detected by windows? I was having a hard time understanding the images to see if this worked on the T7610.

Currently (feb '23) the most up to date version of the bios is A18 and will update to this first before getting an eeprom dump.

Im not reading back the hole thread but resuming, the presented mod by adding the NVMe DXE module to the bios is ONLY for booting, any modern OS will see the NVMe disks as standard storage disks without the need to mod, now… all other details is concerning motherboard chipset/resources and the M.2 NVMe adapter itself, on a motherboard without CPU VROC or BiF itself the adapter must have it in order to split the PCIe lanes across the disks.

So I guess my question still stands. @Maxpower 's original question was to add bifurcation support to the T7610 so the 4x NVME Pcie card would show all 4 drives and booting from it was optional. I am unsure as to whether or not bifurcation ended up working.

It is a dell card but for a newer generation dell workstation and he was trying to get it functional on the T7610 which is what I want as well. I am happy booting from a regular sata SSD but need the added 4 NVME drives for processing.

My friend, its simple, you have a motherboard with BIF support or you have a multiple M.2 adapter with BIF controller on it, without this in on of then, no pcie lanes split/allocation for multiple disks and only 1 is visible in the system.
General rule in aftermarket adapters, only 1 of multiple can be used as boot)
Other specific details on this card or other models ask the user, not me as i dont have such hardware, good luck.

Okay, well, thanks for the tips. Is there any bifurcation card you recommend? I am wondering if you can get a card that would perform well in speed and reliability. Ideally as fast as this dell 4x nvme card on a properly supported motherboard. If this is not allowed to be asked can I ask someone to DM me something that is decent quality? I don’t trust anything on Amazon right now.

Thanks

These adapters are not cheap…search on the following brands/examples:

Dual M.2 NVMe Ports to PCIe 3.0 x16 Bifurcation Riser Controller - Support Non-BiFurcation Motherboard - SI-PEX40129 (sybausa.com)

Delock Products 89044 Delock PCI Express x16 Card to 4 x internal NVMe M.2 Key M

NVMe Mainpage | HighPoint-tech.com

I still use these quad nvme cards but in the fujitsu.
I’m still very happy with them.
It gives good results and that’s more than enough for me.
Here are the results with and without cached ram (read only).

I ended up purchasing this card:

Its working well so far so thanks for all the help here. I can see four NVME drives in windows on my T7610 with this card at speeds similar to what Maxpower showed above. Raid the drives to make individual drives and now i have large and fast drives to get my work done.

Thats a nice adapter, enjoy BiFurcation.

Hello,
I have the same config, and I am wondering if there has been progress on modding the BIOS ?
booting from NVme from the BIOS would be awesome!
best