Need help/drivers installing Win2k on Ryzen

Hello forum!

So, I’m interested in installing Windows 2000 on my Epic Gaming PC™:
CPU:
AMD Ryzen 5 1600AF
Motherboard:
ASRock B450 Fatal1ty Gaming K4 (also have a Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H V2)
RAM:
16GB 3200MHz CL16 Teamgroup TForce
GPU:
AMD Radeon RX570
Storage:
256GB M.2 SSD (PCI-E) - Win10 (GPT)
240GB M.2 SSD (SATA) - Win7 (MBR)
1TB WD Blue HDD - 960GB storage, 40GB allocated to Win2K (MBR)
1TB WD Blue HDD - storage (GPT)
2TB Seagate Barracuda - storage (GPT)

I’ve tried installing Win2K on a Core2Duo system and swapping the HDD into my own with just the SATA drivers present, but it gives a BAD_POOL_CALLER BSOD upon startup. (I still have that install on the drive, if it makes any difference)
So far, I’ve made a Win2K ISO in nLite with a slipstreamed a universal SATA driver (Alterware Universal ATA driver) and an Extended Core zip. In the text phase of setup, it goes to the “Starting Windows 2000” line and spits out a BSOD with the code 0x000000C2 and says BAD_POOL_CALLER. If I select Standard PC in the F5 ACPI prompt, it goes to that same phase and spits out the INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE BSOD and stops. This is strange because, as I understand it, this points to a driver error, but the driver should support my SATA controller (VEN_1022&DEV_7901).
If I include only the Extended Core zip, it does the same thing. If I include only the drivers, it does the same thing.
I also tried the Fernando drivers, versions 1.2.1.321 and 6.1.3.35 specifically, neither works.

I ask you, Great Dark Magick Wielders, for your help and wisdom, for I have none of my own.

Sorry, but even you somehow do get Windows 2000 to run on your Ryzen system, it’ll only recognize two cores, it’ll only recognize 4 GB of RAM, ACPI probably won’t work, some Ryzen motherboards don’t support IDE mode for SATA drives, there aren’t a lot of AHCI drivers for Windows 2000, and you probably won’t get any drivers for Windows 2000 like LAN, Video, and Chipset drivers. And there are just so many compatibility problems with modern motherboards that it’s probably best top install an OS no lower than Windows 7. Sorry.

@controlledleak

I’m not sure about win2k but you should definitely be able to get winXP working on AMD Ryzen since there are patched drivers to fix alot of issues.

@infuscomus OK, sure, XP will do just fine as well, could you point me to working AHCI drivers though, because I can’t find those?

@SamsungASUS

As for recognizing more than 2 cores and 4GB of RAM, there’s a kernel patch for that, and anyway even the standard Datacenter Server supports up to 32 cores and 32GB. About ACPI, there was some trick for getting it to work during setup.
But yeah, the drivers are a big issue. I found some for my audio and maybe ethernet, but USB 3.0 is probably a no-go. As for video drivers, I could probably use universal drivers, but they don’t have hardware acceleration and Direct3D, though that’s fine, my CPU is powerful enough that it could probably run the games in software mode.

@controlledleak

I’ll PM you something to try.

Guys, i’m interested too. Let me know final results of experiment!