Need Help Flashing Bios Mod

Hi.

I’m close to giving up with modding this bios since none of the methods work.
I have a ROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO WIFI motherboard and I’m trying to get as many hidden settings to show as possible. I just feel nice having them all there since I know what they’re for as well.

I only tried modding the bios with AMIBCP. But no flashing methods have worked so far. I have tried booting with AFUDOS and flash it that way, and it looked like it flashed, but there was literally no change to the bios. I tried flashing it with AFUWIN, I get the : 18 secure flash rom verify fail error. I tried flashing it with the BIOS FLASHBACK feature, doesn’t work, the button remains lit instead of going on and off.

The UEFI tool and MMTool don’t show all the stuff, in the UEFI TOOL, I only get a “UEFI IMAGE” setting and when I open it, I only see “Padding” and then under it a GUID, it kinda repeats with paddings and GUIDS after that, and I don’t know what to do with them.

I’m a noob when it comes to modding the BIOS and flashing it. And reading Fernandos guide didn’t help besides giving me a headache from too much text and getting different results. Since I don’t get the same results in the UEFI tool I feel like I’m stuck here as well.
I’d be more than happy if someone helped me with some steps or solutions and explain to me why I get different results :slight_smile:

Too much more “headache” and thats not good for anyone, later will brick it and u want to give us a “headache” as gift.
If u cant make USB BFB back working… an bt chance u have a bios flash failure, then u need an SPI programmer, thats not good also, more “headache”.
Post a “decent request” and maybe some one will do it for u, on unlocking wots possible… as “lamp genius” r rare outside tp be caught outside the “lamp”.

EDIT: Well my friend its indeed a good welcome because its an advice to u, for a person that is newbie and dont understand this or wots his doing, sooner or later it will break it and didnt realized wot he missed or done to revert it back.
Still plenty to read on forums…but only for patient students.

EDIT: Fernando guides has nothing to do with it, and by the way, the unlocks u want need more recent methods than common tools like AMIBCP and not documented in the forum on a full guide article.
So go read and learn, good luck.

Well, that’s not a very welcoming reply for a newbie in bios modding, but anyway… If I ever get my bios bricked, I’m not coming to a forum on the internet anyway, so dw.
I made this post because I wanted to try and make it myself with some tips from experienced users, instead of making someone “do it for me”, but I guess that that’s also a solution :slight_smile:

EDIT: I think that you’re too focused on thinking that I insulted Fernando’s guide, or that I was too bored and didn’t read everything, even though I wasn’t, instead of actually giving an actual solution :slight_smile:
I already read everything and tried to do it, but I simply don’t get the same results in the UEFI Tool, which makes everything else useless since that’s one of the first steps in his guide.