Need help modding Asrock Ab350 bios

Hello everyone, first-able i wanted to apologies for my poor English, but this is driving me crazy
I’m really trying to mod my bios, because seems that my motherboard is forcing to use 3.0 usb on all ports include type C, also my only two usb 2.0 ports seems to recognized also as 3.0

Even in Windows 7 or 10, i have latest AMD drivers, latest nvidia drivers, fresh install, clean installation, last bios updates, and problem persist, is like mouse is floating, cursor lag… and i have tried others mouse and problem persist.

PC SPECS: Asrock ab350 fatality k4 gaming motherboard
Ryzen cpu 5 1600 3.7
EVGA GTX 1060 6gb

I’m attaching pictures of my manual that clearly show some USB options that i’m missing among others thing:

And this is my current bios screenplay

The windows Error, when connecting my g15 and g9 mouse that are both 2.0

Device Manager:

When using AMI
I can clearly confirm that i’m missing some of that options that are very important, and i really want to learn to modify my bios, to test more things like CPU, FANS,MOUSE etc, but yeah i’m noob when comes to modify things like bios
I really need hel, guidance, please please dont put me away :frowning: i know my English is not the best, but i can try! i can learn, i want to break this Wall inside me, it may sound cheesy, but i really like to learn pc things, but i never did something before like modifying bios so please! thanks for your help

I think you should upgrade your OS.

1. You will not be able to solve an on-board USB hardware problem (if there would exist any) by modifying the BIOS.
    2. I really doubt, that your on-board USB 2.0 ports are recognized by the BIOS or by the OS as being USB 3.0 ports. You can connect USB 3.0/3.1 compatible USB devices to the USB 2.0 ports, but they will run only in USB 2.0 mode.
    3. Please follow the advice given by Ferrous and update your OS Win10 to the latest official v1709. Even better: Do a clean install of it.

Is sad when people dont understand me

I’m using a Mouse and keyboard that are 2.0 usb they are not 3.0… and when connecting to my rear panel ports 2.0, windows says that they are running in 3.0, while thats crazy, the logitech g15 and g9 are 2.0 usb

And therefore people are saying that usb ports 3.0 cause conflicts on mice or keyboards 2.0!

I already tried the creator update 1703 and the problem persist, same in windows 7, how will a latest version modify things, when they put a list of things that they recently upgraded, and i didn’t see any drivers fix…

I understand if people dont want to help me is okay.

Very dissapointed.

Hi, Fernando.
It was me who sent this guy here with question why he doesn`t see USB settings in BIOS.
Regardless of his OS this missing setting is strange. I was sure BIOS gurus here could give their expertise on the matter. After all it is what he is asking - to give him a pointer about what to check in BIOS file.

It seems to me being vice versa.

Are you sure, that you have used one of the 2 USB 2.0 ports from the I/O panel (one of them is a specific Fatal1ty USB 2.0 mouse port)?
By the way: How does Windows say, that it is an USB 3.0 port? Do you believe all Windows messages? Which HardwareIDs has the related USB Controller?

At least 2 Forum members tried to help you, but you obviously expected an instant solution of a problem, which - according to your posts - is caused by the mainboard manufacturer.
If you are sure, that ASRock has put wrong USB Controllers onto your mainboard, you should blame ASRock, but not us!

Me as well about your reaction. Don’t expect any further support from my side!

@mbk1969 :
I have learned how to manually extract or replace Option ROM and how to insert, extract or replace Storage Controllers related EFI modules, but I am not a BIOS Guru, who is able to correct System BIOS modules, which were wrongly compiled by the mainboard manufacturer.

But surely there are guys here who is accomplished in the subject.

I do not approve an emotional post of this guy (especially this short after he created the thread). But I understand why he is emotional being trying to solve problems with that MB (in another forum). And also note that he did not insult you, he just wrote about his state. Your (over) reaction surprised me no less than his one.

Lets be cool and professional.

PS
As for advise from Ferrous, OP stated: "Even in Windows 7 or 10, i have latest AMD drivers, latest nvidia drivers, fresh install, clean installation, last bios updates, and problem persist, is like mouse is floating, cursor lag… and i have tried others mouse and problem persist." - so he already tried Win10 with no luck. To my opinion OP has written too many things. He should just ask for a main thing - why BIOS hides USB settings, and what can be done. But we are all different (and all are strange in own ways).

PPS
And may be there is a piece of my fault here - I always write my high opinion on community of this forum, so may be guy was thinking that he will get namely instant answer to all his questions. Ofc I phrased cautiously "may be they will help you" but when you are frustrated and desperate perception can be distorted.

Thanks Mbk1969, and yeah I didn’t want to sound like an arrogant person, all I was is trying to find a way to modify my bios, because to me the problem is real, and all I get was a cold answer by Fernando, when i have been seeing him to put lot of patience and support to others member here, that they actually seems not to put many details, so thats why i feel like putting away, I know my English is not that okay but i can try, I really have a problem with this motherboard also I tried to contact Asrock Via Email, in English Support, and In Spanish, and they receive my emails, but i never did get an answer or reply by them =/, also in Forums they don’t want to try :frowning:

How is that possible i mean the manual actually shows that the rear panel that is built in 2, usb ports 2.0 which one is for Fatality-mouse feature, seems that is not working with any mice… i mean the manual shows that you can download the program, them when connecting the mouse, the program will automatically detect your mouse and bring the options to increase or decrease dpi or mouse hertz (i know i can use logitech instead) but this a prove that, my Bios is not recognizing the USB 2.0 functions from either my mouse or keyboard or the xbox controller, so i can put here a screenshoot of the manual, also i can put a screenshoot of this motherboard b350 fatality which shows that it has 2.0 usb ports avaialbe, and stuff like that

So yeah maybe things could’ve been differents if maybe i wasnt giving so many details, and just ask for help to modify my bios to learn?

But yeah i will understand is there is not a way to do a modification, or if there appear some information via here, or asrock, or anyone that says: hey haze , thats all you can’t do anything, you dont have problems, well maybe i will surrender and take that answer as Yes, but i really wanted to test things, because that is what I really like about pc, diagnosing, do the best, feeling great while web-browsing, gaming, watching videos etc

And yeah once again thank you Mbk1969, and sorry to you fernando is was arrogant or not but, i’m just very tired, here in Venezuela things are difficult to buy a simple mouse it is hard

And this pc i know is maybe a high end pc but this wasnt easy to get this motherboard or cpu or evga, for the first time in my life i meet a person that offert me a job in Dollars and i save alot time, and i did my best and finally in my life i could build this pc, but yeah i can tell there is something bad when playing games, inconsistent mouse, is terrible

But anyway thanks for read me, if you really know a way to modify bios, or if you knows anyone that can help, i really will appreciate, thanks again.

A friend told me that he has the same motherboard than me in the past, and actually there was a USB option to swap from 3.0 to USB 2.0, he told me like hey yuriy see if there any jumper or in the manual, to switch from 2.0 to 3.0

Maybe there is something that I-m Misisng? lol? my friend is Chispy from Puerto Rico. hes very well know in Guru3d forums.