Need help with Dell optiplex 9020M nvme added module

Hi dear comunity,

I have a Dell Optiplex 9020M on wich I wanted to add NVME support in to bios. I have already done that folowing the guide and succeded but know I realised that this dell has two bios chips, wich I have already made a bin imge from both with a progeammer (8 mb + 4 mb), but the extracted Dell Image system bios that I edited (added module) is one 6mb image.
I need help in either integrate this image into a flasher so I can flash the image (software mode), or someone to split the image in the two imgaes needed so I can flash with a programmer.

1 9020MA19 – 1 System BIOS vA.19_moded.rar (3.6 MB)
Here is the modded image (with the nvme express_5 dxe added)

Please help.

The operation usually can be done by entering in Service_Mode (Jumper), dumping bios region, mod and flashed back with Intel FPT tool.

It is advisable to mod only the bios_region but several backup dumps should be made for safekeep machine original data, before any further flash operations.

A resumed Dell machine guide here and an overview of this system troubleshooting here on this thread from several users issues (Read all the thread for full understanding, if never used this tool).
Good luck

EDIT: The insertion of the NVMe DXE driver seems correct in the vol6 of the dump.

EDIT: Glad you succeed, all the best.

1 Like

Thank you for the heads up. All worked flawlessly.

I have inserted the module like the tutorial said (after the CSMCORE DXE) at the end of the list also ensuring that the freespace (pad) still exists and not been erased by Uefi Tool.