Need help with merging Intel ME section from .bin dump

Hello!

The other day I was messing with ram timings on my laptop when I accidentally bricked it (completely bricked). I was going to flash a new bios rom to my laptop with an SPI Programmer. So I thought, why not take this chance to flash a modded/unlocked bios. I fully unlocked a bios rom file from ASUS’s support website for my laptop. I was trying to flash it when I received an error saying, Error: Image size (6162432 B) doesn’t match the flash chip’s size (8388608 B)!

I then tried to flash a regular bios file that I had not yet messed with, same error. I decided to download every bios for my laptop and saw that they were all 5.9 mb. I looked into it and it turns out that ASUS bios/rom files do not include an intel ME section.

So… I have a dump of my old bricked bios. I am wondering if it is possible and if anyone can help me merge the Intel ME section from my bios dump with my unlocked bios rom? The unlocked bios and the bricked bios dump are the same version (214). My laptop is an Asus gl752vw. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
-------------

Here is the link to my mega with the bios files because I could not upload them here.
https://mega.nz/folder/YKhSlbRS#piOJsz6W5zAppHAsV3HZAQ

Attached FD and ME region. Take a hex editor (HxD?) and simply put the content of whatever bios region you like to try right at the end of the content of the attached fd_me.rgn in the attached zip.

Open the file in UefiToolNE v57, should have a structure like that:

1.jpg

Size should be precisely 8192kB (Full size: 800000h (8388608)), parser shouldn’t give you other warnings than in example. Since you have a SPI programmer…

Good luck!

(That’s exactly what you asked for, didn’t look at the parts, no idea about serials, ethernet mac that might be stored one or another place in bios)

fd_me.zip (1.27 MB)

WOW. That was a very quick response. Thank you so much I will try it out rn.

Sorry for the late response.

It worked perfectly. I did exactly as you said and used HxD to merge them together. The flash was succesful and I can now boot back into the bios and my OS.

Thank you so much.