Need Intel® Wireless-AC 9462 card driivers for 8.1

Hi, everyone, I am using a MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Motherboard and trying to find drivers for Windows 8.1. I have most except for a couple and I was wondering if someone could please help out with the drivers I need.

I need - Intel® Wireless-AC 9462 card
there is a yellow mark next to pci but I don’t know what thhat is as everything else is working great.

I did need Intel® I219-V Gigabit LAN controller but I found it on here, thanks

Can you post the hardware identificators for that card?

Thanks for the reply, do you mean for the Wireless card? Also how do I do what you are asking for? I have gone back to 10, would the details you need be the same?

Yeah. You can check in device properties via device manager. Right click on the device, pick "Properties", Choose "Details" tab and pick "Hardware Ids" from the dropdown. copy the 4-part identificator (PCI\VEN_XXXX&DEV_YYYY&SUBSYS_ZZZZZZZZ) and post it here

Thanks here it is -

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A370&SUBSYS_02A48086&REV_10

Seems that the card only has drivers for Win10 only, alas (have checked it on Intel’s site, drp.su and Microsoft Update Catalog). This support page also further claims it’s Win10 x64-only: https://www.intel.co.uk/content/www/uk/e…networking.html

This is done purposely by intel to force you to use windows10 and i aint joking, ive got the same dilemma on my x470 gaming7 wifi motherboard, theres absolutely NO REASON why these drivers shouldnt work on windows 8.1 theyre practically the same os allbeit without the crapware, isnt it strange how linux works with my ac9260 wifi card but windows 8.1 doesnt?

so now ive got to take my motherboard out and replace my ac9260 card with an ac8265

Compatibility mode doesn’t work?

Intel® Wireless-AC 9462 for windows 8.1 version 18.0.0.11 dated 2015 from drp.su (should work)

although i recommend using windows 10

and for ac8265 latest win8.1 driver version is 21.40.5 (from official intel page)