Need to reflash Helios 300 PH315-54-760S BIOS

Hello! I’m trying to reflash my BIOS but when I try to do so, it says “The version of ROM file is the same as that of BIOS” which is true. I let someone mod my BIOS before. Since then my laptop’s been running fine. But yesterday it won’t boot even into BIOS unless I force shutdown. It turns out there was a virus called Exela Stealer on my PC. I’ve tried reinstalling Windows via bootable USB. But even after that, the laptop won’t boot unless after a forced shutdown. I don’t mind having unmodded BIOS as I need this fixed. Thanks for your help in advance!

You want to flash a mod bios to fix a possible virus… that’s the kind of spirit.
Get it ON, go go go…

Exela Stealer, an open-source Python-based stealer, has been extensively used to target victims’ Discord accounts and browsers to steal sensitive data.

Its not HW/NVRAM residual, nothing to do with bios code.

EDIT: Drain it, take out main battery and CMOS if present. Leave it for an 1 hour or 2 and next boot, without any internal disks and only 1 memory module.

The machine is fine as you said so the need to re-flash same bios version doesn’t make sense here.

No, I wasn’t asking to reflash a modded BIOS. I simply want to reflash the unmodded BIOS.

Also, I don’t get why the laptop screen is just black after a regular restart and wouldn’t boot. It usually displays a logo when loading. I don’t get what you’re motivating me about.

Alright, thanks for your edits. I’ll keep you posted on how it goes.

While i was waiting for it to boot, i decided to unplug everything and disassemble it to do what you said. But then while i was unplugging, the boot icon appeared and Windows installation continued. I’m going to try test all of the USB cables and see which one might’ve caused it.

Turns out my keyboard’s causing this. If I turn on my laptop, nothing will appear on the screen except the display backlight. But if I unplug my keyboard, the logo appears and boots.

Followed your steps & didn’t work. Any ideas? I reset my keyboard and it’s booting fine “for now”

Yeah, new keyboard or unplug it and use external, preference without VIRUS in it, simple isn’t it?
Over_n_OUT of here.

I’ve reset my keyboard and it seems to be fine for now.