Need Unlocked bios for Aorus 15p yd.

No.
It’s going to wipe a USB pen drive you insert. To subsequently write some bootable program on it. Windows does not allow to fully operate with BIOS, so unlocking requires this workaround.

oh ok so would a portable drive work? or does it have to be a flash drive

Don’t know. You can try.
Larger FAT32 media may be harder for computer to detect.

ok so if it does work lets say. is this supposed to make it to where i can screw around with my voltages and also mainly will it make it so my ram will be unlocked to turn up to 3200 mhz like its advertised to be running at in the first place?? im serioulsy so shocked with gigabyte on this i really dont understand how they can just do something like this i have even sent a ticket into their support website and havent heard anthing back in days, i mean isnt that false advertising or somthing? because there is littereally no way to turn the ram speed up no matter what with how the laptop sits currently. and they can seriously expect everyone to do what im trying to do just to be able to do what should already be avaailable to do… its quite ridiculous in my mind idk…

RAM - yes. Voltages - partially, there are primarily voltage adjustments for CPU.

Many many portables are affected by this problem. I know this because I do mods. Draw your own conclusion.

ok so i did waht it told me to do but now what do i do im kind of lost

i wish that we could live chat somehow haha… sorry im so helpless with this stuff.

i just did the second step with the flash drive plugged in that i ran the first step with what do i do with this newly created thing on the drive? do i boot into it now?

Yes. When created, boot from it. Everything as it was told.

hey so i loaded into that and i am confusd on waht im supposed to do after that it wants me to type a command or somthing and i dont know what i need to type. please help hahah im so sorry i suck at this

Nice!

As it is stated in the dialog of the script program you need to type exactly the next command(without quotes): “setup_var_cv PchSetup 0x1C 0x1 0x0”.
After that you can reboot and proceed to unlocking.

Please, note that it may require to execute an additional command provided that error 167 will still pop-up: “setup_var_cv PchSetup 0x683 0x1 0x0”. There was only one capture when the script worked after the first command.

When in another, it was not enough.

Things vary depending on the model.

so i have unlocked my bios and OMG there are so many different settings its unreal like how do i navigate to where i turn my ram speed up i cannot find it anywhere i swear. is there like a didfferent method of doing it in this bios? i have the FB09 one

It took you a lot of time to get in there, thus I could improve the script with the UEFI command-line app when I have time.

Use unlocked features with caution that some are sensetive. I recommend configuring voltages via utilities for Windows, but it’s better not to touch them at all.

It supposed to work next way, but I don’t know how users manage turning 3200MHz on.
Chipset - System Agent Configuration - Disable the SA GV;
Chipset - System Agent Configuration - Set the gear ratio to 1.

ok i did that and it blew my computer up somehow and went to the repair windows screen over and over until it eventually just went into windows finally. idk if you have seen the bios of what im running unlocked but its the Fb09 version and its super full of diffrernt settings and i cannot figure out how to even turn my ram speeed to 3200 mhz its so frustrating… please help somenone haha

Maybe configuring XMP (Extreme Memory Profile) will do the trick?
This setting should be somewhere in the memory menu. Try to set XMP1, check the result, then set XMP2 if needed.

crazy as this seems there literally isnt a setting called that and i already know thats the usual name of the setting that does that with the ram cuz ive had a desktop with a gigabyte board in it and thats exactly what i set the memory profile to was xmp2 or extreme or something like that either way it was called xmp but not in this bio there isnt anything in that whole bios that says anything close to xmp and there is a lot of settings to mess with so many that i almost had to recover my laptop because i changed something that screwed everything up for a min until i found a work around to revert it back to where i could see my screen again… i was just hoping that you had screwed around in the same bios setup that i have and need help with to be able to tell me because its super confusing and nothing is familiar to me at all in it

In Overclocking Performance menu - Memory? No?

You’ll get worse latency results with 3200MHz. But anyway, just try it.
In OverClocking Performance Menu → OverClocking Feature → Enable.
Done! Your memory works now at 3200.

im telling you i have looked and there is no xmp and the overclocking feature is enabled and still the memory sits at teh same 2666 so its whatever thanks for trying eveyrone

Well, let’s check another options.
Make sure you have disabled CFG Lock and Overclocking Lock(it needs for cpu undervolting and saving XMP settings). Power & Performance → CPU - Power Management Control → CPU Lock Configuration → disable “CFG Lock” & “Overclocking Lock”.
So, next step… At “OverClocking Performance Menu” you have to enable “OverClocking Feature” and check it out “XTU Interface” → it doesn’t matter(cuz I don’t remember), but better to Enabled it.
After all steps above your stock memory should works at 3200.
Need some memory options → go to Chipset → System Agent (SA) Configuration → Memory Configuration → Memory(Overclocking Menu) >> Memory profile, where you can choose xmp profile or manually adjust memory settings.
Remember, enabling overclock mode makes the memory run at xmp2 (default) profile all the time, which is 3200CL22 if you have stock memory.

Good luck!

:ukraine: