New to BIOS Modding - Supermicro X8DTL-i Mods

Hi,

I don’t know if you guys help with overclocking, so i decided to ask if there’s a way to add settings to the BIOS. Now, i have already updated the RAID controller (which i didn’t need) and am wondering what the procedure would be to add settings in general, even though i’m looking at multiplier and voltage.
The multiplier is unlocked on the CPU, but the motherboard won’t allow me past the stock multi.

Here’s the relevant specs:
2x Xeon X5680 3.33GHz
2x Corsair H60
Supermicro X8DTL-i (obviously)

Here’s my current BIOS.

X8DTL32.zip (755 KB)

@Bryan1998 :
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

This requires code changes within the system BIOS modules. Since I am not familiar with this kind of BIOS modding, I cannot help you. I am sorry about that.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Thank you for trying to help. I now know that i’m in pretty deep, so maybe someone else knows how to. Anyway, the CPU is unlocked, but the bios won’t let me go past my current multiplier. Is there a way to raise the max multiplier in the bios?

How Did You Get two cpus to work at the same time. I have the same board and 2x x5560

@javan21 :
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

To whom is this question addressed?
The chances, that the related Forum member will read you post, are much higher, when you use the personal address form "@<nickname>:", because this way the person will get an eMail information about it.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)