Newbie: What file to flash for an Aspeed 2500?

Dear everybody,

I am new to this game, so please bear with me :slight_smile:

I’ve got a Supermicro X11SRL-F which has an Aspeed 2500 BMC / VGA card. I have downloaded the “Graphics UEFI package” from Aspeed’s website and would like to update the VGA BIOS; the BMC firmware is already updated.

My first problem is to understand the difference between the two directories which are in the package:

UEFI
UEFI_ROM

The first folder seems to contain files which seem to be bootable via UEFI. If I create a boot entry with one of those files as target, and tell the system to boot it, will it update the VGA BIOS upon booting?

The second folder seems to contain a flasher which seems to be intended to be used under DOS, along with the firmware files. The firmware files are similar in size to the files in the first directory, but I am unsure whether there are differences.

My second problem is to understand what file I actually must flash. There are four of them (in each of the directories mentioned above) with the following names (e.g. from the UEFI folder):

uefi_2500_800.efi
uefi_2500_dp501.efi
uefi_2500_dvo.efi
uefi_2500_ite.efi
uefi_2500_r4.efi

Which of them should I use? I believe I have read somewhere that _dvo is for DVI output, _dp501 is for DisplayPort output and _ite is for HDMI output. Is this correct? My board has only VGA, so I probably have to decide between _800 und _r4. What is the difference?

Thank you very much in advance!