No 3D acceleration with UHD630 or nVidia 1080

Was able to install Windows 7 ULTIMATE on my 8th gen 8950KH system

Got nearly all the drivers up and running
The only major issue is the 3D isn’t working

specs
8950HK intel UHD ( driver ok signed no disabling driver signing modded driver)
32GB
Killer NIc Win7-64
killer Wifi win7-64
Nvidia GPU 1080 max Q

I was able to get all of the USB and misc drivers working as well except for thunderbolt

because of this it can’t play a video (youtube is fine though)

Your uhd driver seems to not be compatible with your integrated gpu. Or you can try this modification: Way to make Intel UHD 620 graphics driver to works in windows 7 (no crash) - VideoHelp Forum

I had to do this for my uhd 620 too. You can’t play videos because the player defaults to integrated uhd card for acceleration, even if you have nvidia card running. You could try in the settings of the player or in the nvidia settings to use acceleration of nvidia globally or only for the player you use.

As for the thunderbolt is that USB-C connector? I also have an USB-C that I couldn’t make it work on my laptop. It belongs to the UCM UCSI device class that only exists in Win10, so it can’twork on 7. Can you give me the device id for your thunderbolt from device manager?

I tried extracting the drivers from windows 11 on the UCM UCSI but only ended up with an error code most likely if someone is good at it they might be able to back port them like the other USB driver
The error code i get is

UCM-USCI ACPI device
Code 28
The install Class is not present or invalid

with the UHD 630 driver I got it working with a modded “signed driver” this worked on my 8950HK chip

SP-drivers 21.20.16.4839 ( speter2)

Device ID is ACPI/USBC000

I have the same Device ID, I tried to make it work, but never succeded. I don’t think the device class can be ported, so unfortunately this will probably never work on Win7.

Can you upload the extracted UCM UCSI drivers from Windows 11 for me, please?

sure…windows 11 USB ACPI/USBC000