No Intel RST driver for chipset Z77 and Windows 10 x64? What replacement?

Subject: Chipset Intel Z77 RST driver

A question:

Intel SetupRST_13.1.0.1058.exe no longer works on Windows 10 (from 1607), as .Net FrameWork 4.5
is required. In Windows 10, there is now an embedded version of .Net FrameWork 4.6.1, with which the setup is not running. Updates are only available for subsequent chipsets, no longer for Intel Z77 chipsets.
Installation attempts from Intel RST drivers end with either the message:
"This platform is not supported" or "Abort, the application requires the .NET Framework 4.5"

What would you recommend?

Replace Iastor.sys with msahci.sys?

For AHCI users I generally recommand to install the “pure“ RST/RST(e) driver from within the “IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers“ section of the Device Manager. If you have previously installed any complete Intel RST(e) Drivers & Software Set, you should uninstall it from within the Control Panel “Add/remove Software“ section, before you are going to install any other Intel RST/RST(e) driver.

No (you certainly mean iaStorA.sys and storahci.sys).

Yes, I mean iaStorA.sys.

Does the .NET framework not work when an RST driver is updated directly in the device manager? Does the driver work as it should?

Is there a tip, which RST driver should be used for Intel Z77? STOR_Win7_8_8.1_13.1.0.1058 or better new?

In addition to the installation problem with the RST setup file, this article has unsettled me:

https://www.heise.de/ct/hotline/Intel-RS…TA-3456795.html

Thank you

1. Only the Intel RST Software needs the MS .NET Framework,but not the “pure“ driver.
    2. Yes, the “pure“ Intel AHCI driver will work without any Intel RST Software as it should.

You can find the answer within the thread “Which are the best Intel AHCI/RAID drivers?“
Nevertheless you may try the Win10 in-box MS AHCI driver and compare it with the Intel one(s).