NVIDIA: Optimized nForce Driverpacks for Win7-10

That was a mistake. The Ethernet driver is the only nForce driver, which should not be installed on-top of another one.
You should uninstall the old Ethernet driver, reboot and then install the new Ethernet driver.

My "Special MCP65-67 nForce Driverpacks for Win7/Vista" do support the DeviceID of the Ethernet Controller.

OK so i just uninstalled it and made a reboot. and it installed the microsoft drivers again.

thanks

Which Microsoft drivers? Do they work properly?

no, they don’t

I mean, I think they are microsoft because when I started again my pc the device was installed again, and no the ethernet was not working.

So I made the installation of your drivers and nope, the device is not working.

When the Device Manager does not show a yellow mark after having uninstalled the NVIDIA nFore Ethernet driver and rebooted, please do a right click onto the Controller and check the installed driver ("Properties" > "Driver" > "Driver Details"). Which .SYS file(s) do you see?

Does the Controller show a yellow mark? Has the nForce Ethernet driver been installed at all?
Maybe the Ethernet driver of my package has not been installed, because it has been modified by me.
Solution: Do a right click onto the Network Controller > "Update Driver Software" > "Browse my computer …" > "Let me pick …" > "Have Disk" > navigate to the "Ethernet" folder of my driverpack and choose the file named nvfd6x64.inf > force the installation > reboot.

here’s what shows under driver details

http://imgur.com/LELnQyR

I’m doing the “force driver install” part, I’ll tell you what happens.

edit:

just did the force driver install and reboot, still “no network access”.

@ LuisStupignan:

Please try the attached NVIDIA nForce Ethernet driver v67.89 WHQL:

64bit nForce Ethernet Driver v67.89.rar (510 KB)

well I uninstalled the previous drivers and reboot the machine, then installed the attachment (actually forced them) but it still says "No Network Access".

How does the Device Manager look? Is there any yellow marked device?
Have you ever had a Network access?

No there isn’t any yellow mark.

Yes it worked on windows xp once, then stopped working, I never tested it on windows vista and now on windows 7 it’s worked a few times where I needed to transfer big files over LAN, now it doesn’t even do that.

And I don’t know if this is helpful but, I ran ubuntu on my pc and it didn’t work… maybe there’s hardware damage?

thanks a lot for keeping up!

That is what I suspect too.
The nForce Ethernet driver, which I had linked some posts ago, usually works with nearly all nForce chipsets and should do it with your system as well.

Hello Fernando,

I used your (old) nForce2 drivers with great success!
Now it’s time to clean and set up another machine (Laptop) Acer Aspire 7530G (nVidia Chipset nForce NV MCP77MH) on Win7.

So I downloaded and installed the driverpack v9.0. But there is still one unknown device:

How can I fix it? Thanks in advance!

@ Haubi:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

That is a NVIDIA device named "PCI standard ISA bridge".
Have you already tried to get an appropriate driver for this device by Windows Update?

Regards
Fernando

It’s really curious!

The chipset shown in HWiNFO is a

and the GPU is detetcted as a

But Windows detected the GPU as

in device manager.
My Conclusion: The v334.89 should be the right driver for the GPU. Result = 1.0 at Windows Experience Index (WEI)

--------------------

Windows Update still offers only an update from 2009

Now I remember clearly why I moved away from nVidia chipsets …

----------[EDIT]----------

I forced the driver update over Windows in device manager for the unknown device. Here we go: It was updating a driver named "Nuvoton CIR Transceiver" and now all devices seems to be well known by Windows.

It is fine, that you succeeded at least.
Within the last 15 minutes I have opened a lot of different NVIDIA graphics drivers for mobile systems, but I didn’t find any INF file entry for the graphics adapter with the DeviceID DEV_075E.

hello fernando.
im very thankful this thread exists and is still alive.

im trying to bring my old pc back to life, so i bought 2gb more ram(total 4bg) and ssd disk.
After reading many topics i know i cant run ssd in ahci mode :frowning:

Also after reading all posts here a few times im kind of confused what to instal.

Im planning on installing : >64bit non-AHCI nForce Performance Pack v9.0 for Vista/Win7 x64<

(These are the components:
Ethernet Driver (v73.35) customized and corrected by Fernando
SATAIDE Driver (v9.99.09) customized by Fernando
SATARAID Driver (v9.99.09) customized by Fernando
RAIDTOOL Application (v9.99.0.9) "Sedona"
SMU Driver (v1.71) customized by Fernando
SMBus Driver (v4.69) customized by Fernando
Installer (v8.36) )

What im confused about is what components to install.
FActs:
I have nforce 4 ultra chipset(DFI lanparty UT ultra-D mainboard, fx-60 cpu, 4bg ram ddr)
im using win 7 64bit
im using SSD 256 as windows disk(2 partitions, one primary, one logical) plugged in sata2 connector as 1st device
im using 150gb WD raptoor disk(1 partition, just for downloads etc) plugged in sata2 connector as 2nd device
im using dvd-rw, sata2 as 3rd device
im using realtek 97 sound. I know i have to download it on its own, i have the link so u dont need to bother :wink:
im using nvidia ethernet(this board has 2 ethernets, the other one that i dont use is marwell)
no raid(or should i enable it ? )

What components should i instal to get the best performance, as system overall and ssd too. U said something about pciide.sys etc, so i shouldnt instal nvidia sata driver or ? im rly confused :slight_smile:

Thank you in advance

Gabriel

@ fat41:

Hello Gabriel,
welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

Yes, you will only get TRIM support for your SSD, when you do not install any nForce SATA driver.

Regards
Fernando

Thank you.
What about the test of drivers? Like smbus and smu drivers and the rest? Do I need them? I don’t even know what they are for, sorry:) thank you again

Actual Windows Operating Systems usually can manage old NVIDIA nForce devices by in-box drivers, which are newer and probably better than the old NVIDIA nForce drivers. Since you dont want to set the NVIDIA nForceSATA Controller to "RAID" mode (because you want TRIM support for your system drive), you should not try to install any complete nForce driverpack by running the installer.
This is what I recommend to do:
1. Do a fresh install of Win7 x64 (or Win8.1 x64).
2. Once the OS is up and running, open the Device Manager and look for missing drivers (devices with a yellow mark).
3. Check the sort (DeviceID) of the devices with missing drivers.
4. Manually install the appropriate NVIDIA nForce driver from within the Device Manager by navigating to the suitable folder of the 64bit NVIDIA nForce driverpack…

Hey Fernando! So its been a week or two since I found my solution to why my video card wouldnt install. It was because of one of my memory sticks was causing the issue. Strange though they are different brands, but same memory frequency and timing, etc… but thanks for your help :smiley: