NVIDIA: Optimized nForce Driverpacks for Win7-10

So i checked it and the conclusion is that there are NO yellow marks.

Does it mean i dont need to install anything(from your packet) at all?

thanks

As long as you don’t have any problems I would use the drivers, which were chosen by the OS.
They are newer than the old NVIDIA nForce drivers and optimized for the OS.
Just to avoid any misunderstanding: This statement is not valid for nForce RAID users. They absolutely need special NVIDIA nForce drivers.

Hie Fernando,

I have a NVidia Chipset GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 (MCP 61) on a computer i’m actually reinstalling Windows 7 x64.
I’d like to use your “Non-AHCI nForce Performance Packs for Vista/Win7” as the first drivers i will install.
But the Nvidia GeForce is also doing the graphics works on this computer, so my question is, do i have to install a graphic driver from the nvidia website besides your driver pack?

Thank you for your work. (sorry for my english i’m french)

@ KaioSama:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

Yes, the graphics driver has nothing to do with the nForce chipset drivers.

Regards
Fernando

So I have tried just about enything :-/

I have a mac mini 2009 with an Nvidia ethernet port.
I’m running windows 7 32bit on it.

It will connect if I set it to 10Mbps FD

Otherwise it just cycles through “no cable” “Identifying”
The light on the port on the router doesn’t even light up if its not set to 10Mbps

It was doing the same thing in OS X, but worked in Windows for months and now suddenly it started doing the same crap as in OS X

I have tried uninstalling drivers, rebooting in safe mode, using driver cleaner, install new drivers reboot etc. with all the different versions that I can find.
I have tried different cables (cat 6 and 5e and crossover)

Any ideas?

@ TJMacGyver:

Please look into the Device Manager and post the HardwareIDs of the Network Controller (righ click onto it > "Properties" > "Details" > "Property" > "HardwareIDs").

Regards
Fernando

Hello Fernando,

I’am looking for Windows 7-x64 NFORCE SATA driver for the MCP68S/MCP68PVNT chipset. You provide a lot of NFORCE drivers but the one I’am looking for doesn’t seem’s to be here.

I try to install Windows 7 on that old PC, the SSD hard drive is available within the BIOS. I tried a lot of driver today but no one was accepted by the installation routine vom Microsoft. You are my last hope to get this working - Have you got a hint for me where to find such driver?

Thank you & kind regards
heinihuber

@ heinihuber:

Since I have never seen special NVIDIA MCP68 SATA or RAID drivers, I need some additional informations:
1. Which is the mainboard manufacturer and model?
2. Are you running the NVIDIA nForce SATA Controller in IDE or RAID mode?

If you should run or want to install Win7 in IDE mode, you will not need any nForce SATA driver, but if you should run it in RAID mode, I need the HardwareIDs of the on-board NVIDIA nForce RAID Controller.
So if you are able to boot any Windows OS, please open the "Storage Conrollers" resp. "SCSI and RAID Controllers" section of the Device Manager, right click onto the listed "NVIDIA nForce RAID Controller" and hit "Properties" > "Details" > "Property" > "HardwareIDs".

Regards
Fernando

Hello Fernando, remember I had a problem with the Ethernet driver on a F754 compaq? Well I did some research and apparently these laptops have a bad design hence their bad heat dissipating performance so that makes the nvidia chipset to heat a lot and then the tin welding melts and the chipset gets loose… What I did is to heat it up press it while let it cool down and then re-arm the whole thing… Voila! It worked! I had sound Ethernet cd back again, I was glad… Then after a while like 5 minutes using the laptop this happened:

I panicked and forced the shutdown by long pressing the on button… Let it rest a while and tried to turn it back on… After two seconds it shuts down and turns itself on to do the same, shut down then on etc… What do u think it is? The chipset broke? Or the processor died? Dunno what to do… Help!

I don’t know what happens to your mainboard, but it seems to be a heat problem of the chipset.
You should check the cooling fans. Furthermore you should let the PC case open for a while and look what happens.

Hi Fernando,

I have a machine using an A7N8X-E board (nForce 2) that I recently upgraded to Windows 7, for my mom. Windows 7 cannot handle 3GB of RAM due to a driver problem. If you use 3 x 1GB it fails boot. I have found that the problem driver is for the component labeled “NVIDIA nForce2 AGP Host to PCI Bridge”. I wasn’t sure if the names in Windows Device Manager match the names you use in your packs, so I wanted to ask before downloading - is there a driver for this in your driver pack for nForce 2?

@ Prophetm:

Yes, it is the "GART" driver.
This "GART" driver supports the following device:
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_01E8.DeviceDesc = "NVIDIA nForce2 AGP Host to PCI Bridge"

Regards
Fernando

Fernando, I just wanted to offer a profound “thank you” for this thread!

For a couple of months I’ve been battling with a somewhat common but elusive problem, that during boot I’ve been having a series of failures to load ndproxy.sys (revealed by enabling boot logging). Thus, even with a solid state drive as my boot drive, Windows would still take several minutes to boot. A common fix for this problem according to some threads is to update the AHCI / storage drivers. Unfortunately, my motherboard manufacturer only provides a download for audio drivers. All other system board drivers have been relegated to the Windows Update. Since I’ve already installed all available updates, I had nowhere to go.

I’m not sure what search terms I googled to end up here, but I’m glad I did. With the “Fernandos Actual nForce Driverpack” installed, my system not only resumed its fast booting, but it’s now faster than even before my problem developed! If you’re curious, I’ve got an nForce 570 based motherboard, a Gigabyte GA-M57SLI-S4.

Anyway, thank you Fernando! You saved me from a format and reinstall.

@ rojo:

Welcome at Win-RAID Forum and thanks for your feedback!
As a former nForce chipset user I totally understand your frustration regarding the nForce driver support by NVIDIA and the mainboard manufacturers.

Regards
Fernando

Hi Fernando, I have a question for you, if it’s possible to make a Raid 0 with SSD (2x120 gb Kingston) in an old Asus Striker Xtreme (nForce 680i SLI) ?? Right now I have a raid 0 with HDD (2x32gb WD Raptor) 10,000 rpm in the Raid, and works fine (with win 8.1)

Thanks

@ confibox:

I am pretty sure, that it is possible, but you will not get TRIM in RAID0 support.

Regards
Fernando

Thanks for your fast reply!!

A few more questions:

- It’s possible send the TRIM commands to the SSD by some kind of software, instead of OS? or nForce Drivers? Or is clearly a matter of hardware?

- I Understand the lack of TRIM commands decreases the performance of the SDD (a matter of time), the only solution if this happens is format the SDD and re-install?

- I intend use the SDD for the OS (win 8.1) and apps (office, adobe and a pair of game, maybe none), worth it still use the Raid 0?

Thanks again Fernando

PS. Sorry for my english, my native tongue is spanish :slight_smile: (thanks Google Translator)

If you are running Win7 or Win8, TRIM commands will be sent by the OS, but they don’t arrive within the nForce RAID0 array, because they cannot pass through the NVIDIA nForce RAID Controller.

If you want to refresh the RAIDed SSDs, you have to "secure erase" them (formatting will not make the garbage containing SSD cells reusable).
As long as your SSDs have a good Garbage Collection and as long as there is enough free space within the RAID array, the missing TRIM support is not a big problem.

You can try it. If you should not be satisfied by the RAID0 performance, you can use the SSDs as single ones.
Remember: If you want to get TRIM support, you should not install any nForce SATA driver! Only the generic MS IDE driver named PCIIDE.SYS will bring TRIM activity into any SSD, which is connected with any NVIDIA nForce SATA port.

Fernando, with a PCI Sata Raid Controller like this:
http://www.startech.com/Cards-Adapters/H…Card~PEXSAT34RH

It’s possible Raid 0 and get TRIM commands with my old motherboard???

Thanks again!!

@ confibox:

I don’t have any experience with such PCI SATA RAID Controller, but I am rather sure, you will not not get TRIM activity into a RAID0 array this way.